He turned towards the whiteboard once more as you all opened your books searching for the page, and you frowned seeing the instructions for a potion called "Draught of living death".

Whilst he rambled on about the different ingredients for the potion, you kept your focus on your book as you studied the instructions in both fascination but also confusion, as some details seemed a bit mix and match.

However, you flinched as a book suddenly got slammed down onto your desk followed by your professor clearing his throat as he eyed you

Lynx: Since you don't seem to think paying attention in my class is important, please tell us all what we're making today... Jeon was it?

You looked up at him before clearing your throat as you spoke calmly

Jungkook: Draught of living death.. also known as liquid death. A powerful potion in which only a single drop could kill us all. But sir this is an advanced potion, isn't it taught only during our 3rd year?

The professor hummed in defeat as you were able to answer his question, and he muttered out a "Very well.." before heading back over to the front of the class

Lynx: Yes, it used to be taught only for the 3rd year students. However, changes have been made. Today you will be teamed up into pairs and class will end once one team successfully makes the said potion.

Whines immediately erupted inside the classroom as he slowly began pairing everyone together, and after a while, he pointed at you and then another person, so you glanced over to your left where he had pointed only to rub your temples lightly in disbelief after seeing who he had paired you up with.

Out of all the people, why him?

He walked over to you, putting down his book as he looked at you

Taehyung: Liquid death huh, should I beware of you slipping some into my drink after this?

You rolled your eyes muttering out a daring

"With that attitude of yours, possibly yes"

before walking off to start collecting all the things you needed so you could start making the potion.

Once all the ingredients and were gathered you started by adding the potion base followed by a few drops of wormwood infusion, Taehyung guided you on how- and in which direction you were supposed to stir the pot before continuing to read the other step.

So you slowly stirred it in as Taehyung carefully measured and added some of the powdered asphodel root, distributing it slowly and evenly into the cauldron.

Taehyung: Stir it faster, aren't you doing it too slowly?

You looked up at him and gently hit the back of his head as you pointed at the book

Jungkook: Please read the instructions properly Kim, this needs to be stirred slowly to make sure it stays boiling like this, come on just on add the next ingredient.

Taehyung grabbed the sopophorous bean and a knife, trying to cut it in half so he could extract the juice, and you watched as he struggled while the bean kept slipping away.

However, you weren't the only ones struggling to cut the bean seeing as to how at least 3 other groups had the beans flying everywhere by now.

One group even tried to add the bean as a whole, but in return, the cauldron boiled over in a thick, dark, and gooey substance.

Taehyung: This fucking bean... Jeon, you hold on to it while I try to cut.

A huff left your lips as you tilted your head and raised an eyebrow at him

Jungkook: And risk having my fingers cut off by you? No thank you, move over.

You switched places with Taehyung making him in charge of the stirring as you grabbed the knife and the bean, earning a taunting snicker out of Taehyung as he watched you

Taehyung: Have fun trying to cut that, it's fucking impossible.

Jungkook: Cutting this is like trying to cut the shell of a hazelnut with a dull knife, it will clearly only slips away idiot.

Taehyung sighed tiredly as he stirred the pot, his eyes turning that same dark yellow color as his tone became more frustrated

Taehyung: Well Mr. ''Read the instructions properly'' it clearly says to cut it.

You turned the knife sideways and rested it against the bean before applying pressure, successfully crushing it under the blade before grabbing the now crushed bean and squeezing the juice out of it over the cauldron.

Jungkook: Well sometimes you have to apply logic over the rules and instructions smartass.

He crossed his arms and rolled his eyes whilst you turned towards the professor

Jungkook: Professor, I think we're done.

Professor Lynx walked over as he hummed inspecting the cauldron, he then grabbed a nice green leaf before gently dropping it over the cauldron letting it slowly sway down to the liquid.

As soon as it hit the liquid the leaf engulfed into a swift flame before turning into nothing but ashes, earning an approving nod from professor Lynx as he raised an eyebrow in surprise

Lynx: Good work you two, this is what a proper Liquid Death potion looks like. Great thinking with the crushing method Jeon, and good thinking on the ingredient measuring and the stirring technique Kim.

Once the professor dismissed class you packed up your things and got ready to leave when Taehyung suddenly stopped you, his eyes an almost completely black color as he spoke in an almost threatening way

Taehyung: I'll see you in the monthly evaluation next week Jeon. Try to not drop out of it too fast, it makes all that knowledge of yours seem completely pointless and rather unimpressive.

You huffed and flashed him a challenging smirk whilst brushing off some dust from his shoulder calmly

Jungkook: Worry about yourself first, I'll see you at the final test Kim.

He rolled his eyes and shook his head before he walked off, and once he was out of sight you immediately sat down and ruffled your hair in a slight panic

Jungkook: W-why the hell did I say that..?! ''I'll see you at the final test''?!

Fuck.. I have gone mad haven't I...