I thought I knew what love was. Plenty of trolls do. So many trolls think they know the feeling, the true connection of love. I thought I did too. Until I met her.

Everyone thought we had the dream 8u88les all figured out. No one expected there to 8e even a slight chance things would change, 8ut I should have guessed something would happen. Things always do. No matter how on the 8all I had 8een a8out keeping an eye on shit, I know for certain I wouldn't have predicted to come in contact with a girl who would change my life.

My life in the dream 8u88le is a 8lur 8efore that, everything 8eing a string of uneventful memories in my head. All that changed, of course, when I heard the new voices for the first time.

"What in tarnation is this place?"

"I can't say for sure but everypony looks so... funny..."

Naturally, I was going to scope out who the voices 8elonged to. I was wandering on my own at the time 8ut the voices seemed close. Using my advanced listening skills and good luck, the voices grew louder and louder, signifying I was getting closer and closer.

With my 8uff and powerful working legs, I leaped onto the sandy path in front of the voices. That's when I saw her..

A soft sky 8lue pelt with vi8rant multicolored hair cascading down her 8ack, shorter strands swooped past her piercing fuschia eyes. Wings fluttered on her sides 8ut until the wings I used to have. These ones looked... skin-y, made of the same material her glossy coat was. This weirded me out 8ut at the same time it only made her more forgien and attractive.

Upon seeing her, I froze up. The other hoof8east looking aliens gasped and stepped 8ack, 8ut not her. I could see the fearlessness in her eyes. Her wings spread and I saw how large and gorgeous they truly were. She flapped them once and soared towards me. My heart sped up as she drew closer and knocked into me, throwing me 8ack onto the dirt path. She firmly planted one... hand? Hoof? Paw?? On either side on my head and lowered her face, staring me in the eyes.

"And WHO exactly are YOU? Where ARE we? Do you have any idea about this place?"

Her voice was strong and he didn't hesitate one 8it. Every part of her was dripping with confidence and authority. Was that why my heart was screaming? No one I've met in the dream 8u88le comes close to matching my power and confidence, so was I afraid of meeting my match? No.. It was something else I was feeling 8ut I couldn't quite put it into words..

However, I could put it into actions. Without 8reathing a word, I slid my el8ows 8ack, propping myself up. Taking a quick 8reath, I closed my eyes and pressed my lips against hers.

The hoof8east girl was taken a8ack at first 8ut did not pull away, instead pushing down on me, deepening the kiss. The hoof8east girls in the 8ack watch with open eyes, unsure what to make of the situation.

The kiss was short and she was the one to 8reak it. A smirk was on her face as she licked her lips. I wasn't used to this kind of domination in any setting 8ut I was too shocked to counteract it..

"I'm Rainbow Dash." She winked at me and smiled. "R.D. And these are my friends. What the hay is this place?"

Her voice normally had a slight rasp to it, which was terri8ly enchanting. Her words swirled in my head 8efore I snapped out of it and reacted.

"Marquise Mindfang," I lied. It was more fun to 8e a 8itch.

Rain8ow Dash's mouth formed an 'O'. "That's just a8out the most 8adass name ever. Damn"

"I'm fucking fooling. It's Serket. Vriska Serket. That's just my roleplaying name." I snorted, rolling my eyes, a little em8arrassed I would let on something so childish to a girl so hot. "Yeah 8ut this is a dream 8u88le. Everyone here's sorta dead, I guess-"

Their eyes collectively widened hearing 'dead'.

"-or alive and really good at sleeping or something. I don't fucking know how it works. Some people that pass through are very alive."

I got a shaky sigh of relief from one of the hoof8east girls in the 8ack as a response.