Part 1: Shots From Arrows Pierce Through Marrow

Author's Note: If you found this before you found my first story, you might want to read Herobrine x Reader: The Lover With Fire in His Eyes. This will make a lot more sense if you read that first.

You staggered away, terrified as another arrow whizzed past your head in an attempt to kill you. You saw a nearby tree and stumbled toward the light brown trunk of the oak. Once you were safely behind it, you heard arrow after arrow smash into the tree in vain; not being able to drill through the tree's thick trunk to pierce your head.

You wrenched the arrow out of your shoulder blades as blood spilled out like a waterfall. The pain was immense and out of control. You lied down on your back and pressed it down to stop the blood. Every muscle was aching as adrenaline and pain rushed through, threatening to make you pass out.

You heard footsteps behind you and your heart beat quickened. On the ground, you saw grey shoes and turquoise pants. You panicked, thinking that Steve was going to finish the job. You tried to move, but no part of your body accepted your request. Steve picked you up and rushed you inside the house with the still open door and slammed the door shut.

All you could see before you passed out was a white eyed face checking on you before running back to check on the door. Then, everything turned black.

***

You woke up to find a gauze and a cast around you where the arrow had hit. You heard Steve wake up in his bed and he looked at you, bewildered. You screamed, terrified.

Steve put up his hands and looked at you, "Wait! What's wrong?! I didn't hurt you when I put that on, did I?"

"No! Y-you shot me!" you screeched.

"What do you mean 'you shot me'? I didn't shoot anyone! I saw you on the bed with an arrow sticking out of your shoulder blades! Why didn't you tell me?!" Steve retorted.

You growled. "I didn't tell you 'cause you were trying to kill me..." you mumbled.

~Steve's POV~

'You shot me!' was the thought that kept running through my head. How could I have shot (y.n)? First of all, she stabbed me in the face and said that I was a zombie! Now I'm shooting her?! If she were an AI, then I would have thought she was corrupted. Then again... Herobrine would have had a much better time controlling her. Does Notch even know that there's a living human inside this code infested world?

I can respawn however many times I like, but a human has one life no matter how much they try to give themselves immortality or more lives. I learned that from Herobrine. Yes. I know. He hates me and I hate him, but that doesn't mean we don't like each other as brothers. It's complicated.

Anyway, I kept pondering those questions in my head over and over like tumbling wheat seeds in a waterfall. "I shot (y.n)... That's impossible... She didn't say a skeleton shot her, she would have killed it... She said I shot her. I shot her. Not a mob or a hacker, not Herobrine, not anything, but me. I don't even remember getting out of the house. I don't remember anything last night... It all went blank the moment I sat on the end of (y.n)'s bed... Could I? Shooting her sounds like Herobrine if she had pissed him off enough. But she couldn't have. Herobrine had lost fair and square. Even if he did go cheater, he would have tried to kill me. Not (y.n). Not her. Not ever her." I mumbled.