Weeks 15-16

Its Thursday when Calum decides he's not angry with Ashton anymore.

And that's only because Ashton stands up from the couch and promptly falls to the ground with a startled squeak. Calum finds it endearing for all of three seconds before he realizes, oh shit, Ashton's actually on the floor.

He falls off his designated end of the couch instantly and crawls over to the boy laying on the floor, clutching his head and squeezing his eyes shut. He grabs Ashton's shoulder and waist, thumb swiping under his shirt to rub against the skin of his hip. "Alright?" He asks softly.

"No, Calum, I'm not fucking alright!" Ashton yells in response, whipping his eyes open. They're flashing with anger and blind rage, directed straight at Calum, while his teeth are pressing together tightly. Calum flinches slightly but decides he's more worried about Ashton than his own wellbeing. Besides, he's already given Luke full custody if their unborn child, if anything should happen to him. Like Ashton stabbing him through the throat in the middle of the night on account of Calum's bad attitude and intense sarcasm.

Calum opens his mouth to reply, but than all the anger drains out of Ashton's face and he bursts into tears, going completely ashen. And now Calum doesn't know what to do, because he was totally bracing himself for a few blows to the face and maybe his ego. And Ashton's sobbing.

"Um," he says, because what the actual fuck? Ashton sits up finally, still sniffling and hiccuping, tears dripping down his chin, and shoves at Calum's chest forcefully. "Um?" Calum says again.

"Fuck you!" Ashton yells, voice rough and cracking. Calum has no fucking clue what's going on. "Get this fucking thing out of me!" Ashton demands, pointing at his stomach frantically.

"No, that's our baby," Calum replies swiftly. He can defend his little flower faster than himself.

"Its a fucking bundle of cells!" Ashton shoves his chest again until Calum releases his shoulder and hip.

"Sure, but its our bundle of cells,"  Calum shrugs. This is the only argument he's actually prepared to have, he's been getting ready for it in his head for almost a week.

(Besides, he totally googled it, and their "bundle of cells" is officially 12 centimeters long, and if that isn't the cutest thing Calum's ever researched.)

Ashton returns to scowling, even though there's tear tracks bright on his cheeks and his eyes are all puffy. Calum has a feeling its because he'd reminded Ashton that this was actually a team effort. Calum's the one that got him pregnant.

"Calum," he says firmly, sniping out the word like it has sharp edges. "Punch me in the stomach as hard as you can. Or get me a coat hanger, I'll fish it out of there myself."

"If you hurt her, I swear to god Ashton," Calum pauses while he thinks of a threat. "I'll- I'll leave you, I swear I will."

Ashton scoffs. "I'd like to see you try."

"I'd take Luke and Michael with me," he continues. "You know Luke's practically dying to transfer back to Oz and Michael's already graduated. I've known them both longer than you, they'll follow me anywhere."

"Why don't you fucking date them, then?" Ashton hisses. "I bet you'll have sex with them!"

"Is- oh," Calum frowns. "Oh, that's what this is about. You're horny."

"Fuck off,"

"I was going to say I'd rather fuck you, but obviously I already did,"

Ashton smacks him in the head, an obvious Ashton blow that Calum's expecting but makes no move to avoid. He grins instead, lopsided and slightly teasing, while Ashton frantically wipes at his eyes and cheeks to make his glare more threatening. Calum just feels happy.