Week 33-34

Camellia's crying. She's tired and hungry and sitting in a diaper full of what Calum's convinced is green shit, and she's screaming. Calum twitches when she let's out a particularly loud wail from her bedroom.

And he just can't take it anymore, because like, she's got her first cold and, while it was cute little coughs and snuffles for a while, she won't stop crying. Her cheeks are constantly red from all the screaming.

"Hey, Cal, I'm going to-"

Calum spins around and glares daggers at Ashton. He's got a bandana wrapped around his head and his gym bag slung over his shoulder. He stops short when he notices Calum's expression.

"No!" Calum yells, which makes both of them jump because he's got to yell over a crying baby. "No, you're not fucking going anywhere! You're going to stay right here at home, you're going to change a shitty fucking diaper, and then you're going to feed your fucking child, do you understand me?"

Ashton stares at him in horror, dropping the bag to the floor and reaching over to grab the bottle off the counter. Calum huffs out the last bit of his anger, glaring while Ashton tests the bottle's temperature on his wrist. He glances up for a second, catching Calum's eye and raising his eyebrows.

"Good boy," Calum mumbles.

Ashton rolls his eyes, but hurries off in the general direction of the screaming baby, anyway. She stops crying soon after, which makes Calum sigh in relief. He's not sure how much more he could have taken. He starts making dinner, meaning he pours noodles into a pot and texts Michael about whether or not Ashton's going to have stretch marks while stirring them. By the time Ashton comes back, the noodles are done, and they've reached a decision that he most definitely will. Calum thinks he'll love them.

"She's asleep," Ashton announces, falling into his chair like he's exhausted. Calum hates him, honestly.

"Yeah?" He flicks then spoon in the pot, which is sitting in the middle of the table, so it swings around towards Ashton's side of the table. He nods, grabbing the spoon to scoop some noodles into his bowl. "Good, we can make out a bit later. Do you still have baby shit on your hands or did you wash them?"

Ashton glances up and smirks a little. "And they say romance is dead."

Calum rolls his eyes. "I'm serious, that's some nasty shit. Wash them."

"I did, mom," Ashton scoffs and looks back down at his bowl. Calum hums a silent approval and continues eating. They're quiet for a little long, before Ashton says, "So, the doctor said some stuff."

"What?" Calum looks up almost instantly. He's suddenly concerned and kind of pissed off at himself, because he let Ashton take Camellia to the doctor by himself. Ashton's not a responsible adult, he can barely take himself to the doctor. Their baby probably has some incurable disease and Ashton forgot to tell him, until now. Before he can get himself worked up even more, Ashton's reaching across the table and grabbing his hand tightly, lacing their fingers together and rubbing his thumb over the back of Calum's hand.

"Chill," he says simply.

"I can't chill, our baby's health is at stake, here!"

Ashton clears his throat and shifts in his chair uncomfortably. "Uh, actually, it's about me," he looks down again, at his bowl like he's going to start eating, but he doesn't. Calum let's out a sigh of relief and Ashton scoffs. "Fuck you, my health is important, too!"

"I never said it wasn't!" Calum argues quickly. Ashton just eyes him bitterly, so Calum brings their still joined hands up to his mouth and presses his lips to the back of Ashton's. "Of course I care about you, you're my," he pauses, then smirks and says, "My baby mama."