"HUFFLEPUFF!" Shouted the hat. Before Celeste knew it, McGonagall was calling her name. "Diggory, Celeste!" Mcgonagall called. She stepped up and sat on the stool. McGonagall put the hat on her, covering her eyes.

   "Ah, Another Diggory. All the traits of all the houses. Brave at heart, Loyal and patient, Wise and smart, Cunning and Sly. You're very powerful Celeste, very powerful indeed. Hm, you want to be in Hufflepuff? You would do very well in Slytherin though. Yes, yes I think I've made my choice." After what felt like 10 thousand hours, The Sorting Hat called her house:

"SLYTHERIN!" When Professor Mcgonagall pulled off the hat Celeste couldn't help but grin a little. She looked over to her brother, and he looking happy, clapping along with the Slytherins as she sat down.

"Hermione Granger!" Celeste lifted her head at Hermiones name. Hermione basically ran to the stool.  "GRYFFINDOR !"

"Neville Longbottom!" The boy who kept losing his toad fell over on his way over. "GRYFFINDOR!" Neville ran off with the hat on, and had to run back to give it back.

"Draco Malfoy!" The hat barely touched his head when it screamed, "SLYTHERIN!" Celeste smiled at that and Draco went to sit by her. "Seems like we got our wish, right?"

"Melody Phillips!" Draco and Celeste looked up. Just like Draco, the hat didnt even touch her head before it called, "SLYTHERIN!" The whole table cheered. Like the Malfoys, the Philips were rich powerful purebloods.

"Potter, Harry!" Everyone started whispering when Harry walked up.

"Potter, did she say?"

"The Harry Potter?"

Harry sat down on the chair. Atleast 2 minutes passed until the hat said, "Better be GRYFFINDOR!" Harry took the hat off and walked over to the Gryffindor table.

After Dean Thomas and Lisa Turpin, Ron Weasley was finally called. He was pale green by now.  Both Harry and Celeste crossed their  fingers. "GRYFFINDOR!" Celeste started to clap, sure it wasn't Slytherin but atleast he got the house he wanted.

"Blaise Zabini!" Made it into Slytherin.

Albus Dumbledore had gotten to his feet. "Welcome," he said. "Welcome to a new year at hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few workds. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you!"

"Where were you guys on the train?" Celeste said, while grabbing a bowl of pasta.

"Looking for you!" Melody grumbled. "We had to sit with those goons Crabbe and Goyle becuase Julian didn't want us sitting with him and his friends."

"I sat with Harry and Ron," Celeste said between bites. "They're very nice." Celeste looked over to the Gryffindor table and saw Ron staring at her. She blushed and looked down.

"Oh Merlin, you don't like Weasley do you?" Draco asked.

I don't know him that well yet! I don't know." Celeste sighed. She was getting tired, And didn't want to get in a fight with Draco.

"So will you children help win the house cup? We've won in every year for 6 years." The bloody baron, who was sitting next to Draco asked. "Uh- Yes sure." Celeste said, not wanting to look at the ghost any more.

When everyone ate as much as they could, the food disappeared and dessert appeared. Celeste grabbed a few strawberries and started to eat them.

"Hey Draco." A girl who looked a lot like a pug was standing behind Celeste and Draco.
"Hello? Who are you?" Draco said, clearly annoyed. The pug faced girl squeezed between Celeste and Draco.

"Pansy parkinson. Pureblood." Pansy smiled.
"And who are you two?" She asked, now facing Melody and Celeste.

" Celeste Diggory and Melody Philips. Draco's best friends." Said Celeste.

"Not for long." Pansy said slyly, before turning back to Draco.

After a long hour of Pansy flirting with Draco, and insulting Melody and Celeste, Dinner was over. Dumbledore got up to speak again.
"Ahem— just a few more words now that we are all fed and watered. I have a few start-of-term notices to give you.

First years should note that the forest on the grounds is forbidden to all pupils. And a few of our older students would do well to remember that as well. I have also been asked by Mr.Filch, the caretaker, to remind you that no magic should be used between classes in the corridors.
Quidditch trials will be held in the second week of the term. Anyone interested in playing for their house teams should contact madam Hootch. And finally, I must tell you that this year, the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds for anyone who does not wish to die a painful death."

"Oh gosh." Celeste muttered. Why would they keep something that could cost a painful death to their students?

"And now before we go to bed, let us sing the school song!" Cried Dumbledore. Dumbledore gave his wand a flick, and a long golden ribbon flew out of it, which rose high above the tables and twisted it self, like a snake, into words.

"Everyone pick your favorite tune," said Dumbledore, "And off we go!" And the school started to sing.

Everybody finished the song at different times, The Weasley twins being the last. When they finished, Dumbledore clapped the loudest.
"Ah music!" he said, wiping his eyes. "A magic beyond all we do here! And now bedtime. Off you trot."