Chapter 60

CHAPTER 60

10 days ago...

After witnessing Jonathan's cruel words of rejection and watching his mate in tears, Eli was furious. Initially, he was just as angry about Tracy's foolishness.  But after the first day, he was ready to forgive and forget. Jonathan insisted that she needed to learn from this and he needed some time to cool off.

Later on Jonathan thought about what he had said and realized how wrong it was. Instead of immediately seeking Tracy out, he sulked in shame, fearing that she wouldn't forgive him. All his emotions were now turning into panic.

He had looked everywhere for her.  Everyone in the packhouse was questioned, but no one had seen her since the day before yesterday, right after their fight. When he tried to mind link Tracy it was always met with dead silence. Running to the garage Jonathan jumped in his truck and tore off down the drive, spinning his tires and throwing up mud and gravel.

Finally reaching Laura's house he received a hostile lecture followed by the worrisome news that both Jordan and Tracy were missing. 

---------------

Tracy woke up to Jordan's thrashing and groans. Using her hand to rub the soreness from her neck, she spoke softly so not to startle him. "Jordan? Shh. Everything's fine...-ish."

"Tracy?" He asked, squinting through the cloud of dust he had stirred up in the predawn darkness.

"Yup."

Groaning in pain he attempted to sit up. "Who else is in here?"

"This is Ms. Farlow-"

"Please. Just call me Jane." She interjected.

" She interjected

^Jane Farlow^

"Alright then. This is Jane of the Dark Valley Coven."

"I thought I smelt vampire." Jordan grumbled, rubbing his hands over his face before looking around the enclosure. "Where are we?"

"A storage shed on coven land. They were attacked yesterday. Jane was trying to get away when we crashed into her."

"So you were responsible for nearly killing us?"

"To be fair," Jane said seriously, "being hit by a vehicle traveling 63 miles per hour was not a delightfully pleasant experience either."

"I guess not." Jordan said, as he tried to stand in the cramped confines of the small shed. The ceiling was only 6 feet high so he stayed bent over.  Opening the door he looked around cautiously.

"We need to be careful. We're still on coven land and patrols will likely be set up. It's best that you leave as soon as possible." Jane said.

Jordan shut the door and sat down on the hard floor that had been his bed. "How far to the nearest town?" He asked.