Chapter Twenty Two

A sudden crash of the cymbals, a flash of light and roaring from the crowd brought Bam back to reality.

His face lit up and his eyes sparkled as he instinctively stood up and moved toward toward the railing separating their area from everyone else.

Even though this was the first time Bam had been to a live concert, he knew he had an amazing view.

Just off to the side of the stage but far enough back that he could see everything clearly on the stage from a staggered angle.

Bam had no idea who was playing on stage but he felt a rush run through him as watched their performance.

I want to perform up there.

His dream of becoming a professional musician, performing in front of crowds of people had just been reborn even bigger than before.

Bam felt someone stand next to him.

Prying his eyes away from the stage he saw Endorsi trying to say something.

"WHAAATT?"

He couldn't hear a thing over the cacophony of noise.

Endorsi pulled him in closer, shouting into his ear.

"SO WHAT DO YOU THINK?"

"IT'S INCREDIBLE!"

Smiling smugly, she spoke once more before turning and returning to her seat.

"I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR YOU SING UP THERE."

Huh? What did she say? Can she read minds?

Maybe Khun has told her I'm on the music course? She might have guessed.....

The first song came to an abrupt end and the group on stage introduced themselves as a band called Slayers.

Bam decided not to dwell too much on Endorsi's words and focused his attention back to the group on the stage.

Watching the energy filled performance on stage.

He could feel the charisma radiating off the singer who called himself White.

Bam thought he seemed to have created himself a character as he kept talking about eating the audience's souls. The girls in the crowd seemed to go wild for it though.

The concept intrigued Bam and he really enjoyed the music they were playing so he made a mental note to check them out after the gig was over.

Bam continued listening to the rest of their set, his head bobbing and body swaying to the rhythm of the music.

For their last song, there was a tremendous build up before the music came to a sudden silence as the lights all went out to screaming and shouting from the excited audience.

The next thing they knew, all the lights turned on in the area and the band members had vanished from the stage.

Whilst many people had started to calm down and move about, there was still a gaggle of girls screaming at the stage, begging for White to eat their souls.

"Haha!"

Bam laughed to himself thinking it was both ridiculous and incredible to be able to move people in this way with music.

I wonder if I will ever be able to move people with my music...

"You seemed to be enjoying yourself."

"It was really fun! They were really good."

Endorsi smiled at Bam as she made casual conversation.

"Khun told me that you've never been to a concert before so I thought I should probably explain that there will be a 30 minute break now that the starting act has ended. Once the break is over, The Regulars will be up on that stage."

Bam couldn't contain his excitement as he turned to face the stage once more.

"I think I'm going to go have a look around again."

"No problem, just get back here in time for it to start. I'd love to come with you but I'd probably get hounded as soon as they saw me."

Endorsi smiled apologetically as Bam waved his goodbyes.

He knew he wouldn't be able to sit still for the next 30 minutes so decided to waste time by exploring the merchandise stands again.

When he reached the large hall home to the stands, he was yet again left awestruck by the sheer amount of people.

When he had visited earlier it was just him, Endorsi and a few workers in the hall, now it was as if the entire arena had descended.

He moved around the large hall sticking to the walls not wanting to get caught up in the crowds of people.

Finding a safe spot he stopped to people watch.

He found it amazing that nearly everyone there was wearing some form of The Regular merchandise.

Some people even had replica masks to the group.

An announcement soon sounded over the tannoy declaring that the show would resume in 5 minutes.

Suddenly everyone started rushing back to the stage area, desperate not to miss a second of the show.

Bam obviously reacted in the same way,   jogging off to the private corridor that led back to the private area.

Upon arriving, he immediately headed back over to his original spot, hanging onto the railing.

His anticipation sparkled in his bright, golden eyes.

"Welcome back, Bam. It should be starting soon!"

Endorsi called over to Bam.

He returned the glance to smile in acknowledgement but had to do a double take as he realised the group had grown.

Is that.....

He recognised the long white hair of the singer who was just up on stage.

His eyes glanced between the different members of Slayers who were all casually chatting away to Endorsi and her group of friends.

But before he had time to say a word, smoke filled the stage and everything went black.

Authors note
I need to stop saying there's a few chapters left, it just keeps going! But we are near the end.... I'm saying it again, a few chapters but nobody say anything if it ends up being more!