5// Marriage Or Compromise

Start from the beginning

I get first and then Mr. Bajaj follows me inside the room. I notice that he is looking at my room thoroughly before taking a place in the chair in front of my study table while I sit on the bed.

"Do you want to get married?" Shit. This guy is so straight forward but what will I answer him that I don't want to get married? No, you can't say like that Ishu. Think about your family, they are looking happy with this relation and Mr. Bajaj's parents, they are really nice persons so how will I object to their decision?

"Will you answer or not?" Mr. Bajaj says with annoyance.

"Ummm sorry I was thinking about something." I reply.

"I am not interested in knowing what you are thinking about so kindly reply correctly to my question. Do you want to get married to me?" I gulp in fear because he is sounding very scary now.

"I don't know. Whatever my family decides, I will follow." I answer nervously. He stands up from his place before starting to pace in the room.

"Look Ishita, I don't like to brag about anything so I will be straight forward with you. I am not ready for marriage and I can tell that you too are not. I come here today just because my mom wants me to get married so if you don't want to get married then please tell me and I will go away from here with my family." He says coming in front of me.

"What if I say I want to get married?" I ask looking at him. Although I am scared of his reaction but I have to confirm somethings before taking any decision.

"Then you have to accept the consequences of the marriage." Consequences? What is he talking about?

"I don't believe in love or any emotions related to this word, so never expect any love in our marriage if we get married in the future. But I can guarantee one thing that I will be faithful to this marriage and if at any moment you think that we should end this marriage then I will accept your decision without any question." He is saying the things I want from a marriage but why am I feeling a dull ache in my heart? I avert my eyes from him before taking a deep breath to calm down my nerves.

"Whatever you have just said is the exact things I want from a marriage. I also don't believe in love so it will be no problem from my side too. I just hope that we can pretend as a perfect married couple in front of our families because their concepts of this marriage will be completely different than ours." I try to sound confident without him finding out my uneasiness.

"Okay, then I think we should go downstairs and tell everyone about our decision." He tells me.

"You go first, I am coming in five minutes." I reply in which he nods his head before going out of my room. I slump down on the bed while tears start to fall from my eyes.

••••••••••

"Congratulations Vinod Ji

"Congratulations Vinod Ji. From now on your daughter is ours." Dad says before hugging Ishita's father.

"You too Sachin Ji. I am really happy that my daughter is going to be married in such a great family." Vinod uncle replies.