Chapter 1 - Prologue

Five years ago

Lily's POV:

I'm currently leaning against the checkout counter waiting for my sister to pay for her mountain of clothes that she is buying from Hollister. Looking around all the teens here are around my sister's age of 17.

Oh, wait, let me introduce myself. Hello, my name is Lily, and I'm 12 years old, and my big sister Christen who is 17 is my idol, especially when it comes to soccer. Christen is a forward whereas I'm a goalkeeper. I guess I'm a loner at school cause I'm gay or Lesbian whatever you want to call it, so I don't have any friends even though I am on the varsity soccer team.

Christen shakes me out of my thoughts by asking if I want to go to Nike for athletic gear so me being me I say yes.

As we walk out of the store, it's like I'm indulged in a world of people rushing and chatting with bags on their arms.

I realise my sister is nowhere to be seen, so I start looking around and rush in different directions hoping to find her, but all I see are the faces of strangers going to their destinations.

After trying to get anyone's attention only to have them ignore me completely, I remember I brought my phone with me. Patting my pocket, I realise it's nowhere to be found.

Thinking it's best, I go to Nike and wait for her there but while thinking my thoughts go a hundred and ten miles per hour now thinking it's not the time for my anxiety to make an appearance.

I wander into a less populated area accidentally where there is only the odd person or two.

Confused on where I am I go to turn back around when I hear footsteps behind me then something large hits the back of my head then ringing in my ears follows and then my vision turns black as I hit the floor.

--------

Ringing in my ears brings me to my senses, and I fell like I'm laid on something hard and cold like concrete. I try to sit up, but I only get pulled back by what I see as metal chains on my wrist.

I fully take in my surroundings, and it's pitch black apart from a tiny window with the moon shining through.

What the heck happened all I remember is being at the mall with Christen.

Wait nevermind.

Owww. The past events start coming back painfully, but all I can think is

Fuck.