CHAPTER FOUR

As the next couple of days passed, Josie spent most of her time trying to occupy her thoughts. Either doing school work, spending time with Penelope, or helping Lizzie with her relationship with Jed. 

There was this phantom hand that was slowly wrapping around her neck and getting tighter, making it hard for her to breathe when she was alone and wrapped around thoughts that meant little meaning to her. 

Thankfully, no one noticed how Josie shoved herself into work or how she rarely spent time in her dorm room. They didn't give attention to how pale she had gotten or how the lilac shadows tainted the skin under her eyes darkened. And if they did, Josie would brush them off and excuse herself from the unwanted conversation. 

Josie had spent most of her morning in the library, her nose shoved in large books that would take her hours to finish. She sat by Wendy, a year-five witch that never seemed to stop talking. Josie didn't mind, though; Wendy gave her something to pay attention to when she took breaks in between chapters. 

"Anyways, I can't believe that I fell for that. But, Josie, can you believe that I was so stupid to fall for someone with a mullet and expect not to get my heart broken?"Wendy's high-pitched voice rang into Josie's ear. 

"You're not stupid; you just had good intentions and expected the same from him." She retorted, her eyes flickering up from the page of her book to look at wendy, watching as the blonde-haired witch pouted and crossed her arms over her chest. 

"Yeah, but still, I'm the laughing stock of the school at the moment. Everyone told me that James was a player, but I didn't listen." Wendy whined, basically on the verge of tears. 

Josie sighed, going back to read her book. 

"Well, what are you going to do?"Josie mumbled, flipping to the next page. 

Wendy groaned, "I don't know; I just want to make him pay." 

Josie hummed, "How far do you want to go?" 

Wendy pounded a fist on the table, making Josie flinch and snap her eyes up to wendy. 

"I will do anything to make him pay..... Anything" 

Josie stared at her, watching as Wendy's blue eyes dilated and her face turned a bright red.

"Please don't kill him." Josie rushed out, feeling her chest tighten with worry. 

Wendy stared at Josie for a couple of seconds before bursting out into a fit of high-pitched laughter. Her body shook as she hunched over slightly, her fist pounding on the table. Josie flinched back, widening her eyes as she watched wendy gasp for air while she continued to let out giggles. 

"Are, are you okay?"Josie whispered, ready to get up and find a teacher to help Wendy if she needed to. 

"Oh my god, J-Josie, I wouldn't kill him." Wendy chuckled, calming down slightly.

Josie let out a small sigh and rested back down in her seat. 

"I know I said I would do anything, but I draw the line at killing the kid. I was thinking more of pranking him or spelling spiders in his bed." Wendy said, waving her hand in the air. 

Josie nodded, "Well, as long as it isn't too harmful, I'll help you get him back." 

Wendy's lips curled into a smile, "Okay, thank you." 

~~~~~

After Wendy and Josie cleared out of the library and went their separate ways, Josie found herself wandering the halls. She kept to the left side, her hand running along the wall, feeling all the bumps and dents. Her eyes trailed on open classroom doors, loud laugher and talking coming from inside them. 

"Josie." A deep voice yelled from behind her, making her flinch and turn around. 

Her eyes caught sight of Landon Kirby, who was running towards her. His dark unruly curly hair flopped in his eyes, and his face was flushed bright red. 

"Kirby," Josie said, taking a step closer as he slowed down. 

He skidded to a stop and gave her a cheeky smile. 

"Hey, I haven't seen you in a while." He huffed out, trying to catch his breath. 

She nodded her head, "Yeah, it's been some time."

He walked closer to her and pushed his hand forward, pointing down the hallway. 

"Can I walk with you?" He asked. 

She bit her lip before hesitantly nodding and turning around. 

He walked beside her, either of them talking for a couple of minutes as they made their way down the hallway. 

"So I heard about Lizzie and Jed. They make a cute couple." Landon said, pushing his hands into his hoodie pockets. 

Josie sighed, "Yeah, Lizzie seems to be very happy with him, so that's good." 

He hummed, "Hope and I should have a double date with them. What do you think?" 

Josie bit her lip, her chest tightening and her face becoming flushed. 

"Sure," Josie mumbled. 

Josie's eyes flickered over to Landon, watching as his face scrunched up as he began to think deeply about something. When Josie was going to look back in front of her, a mark on Landon's neck had her frozen. It was a dark purple, with specks of red. Josie felt her stomach turn as her eyes caught sight of a couple of them scattered around his neck. 

Josie stopped walking, Making Landon stop as well once he noticed she wasn't next to him anymore. 

He arched a dark eyebrow, "You okay?" 

She stared at him, trying to keep her gaze away from the marks that lingered on his skin. 

She nodded her head, "Yeah, I just forgot something back in the library." 

She turned around and started jogging down the hall, leaving Landon standing confused by one of the classrooms. 

~~~~

This is a short chapter, but I wanted to get one out as soon as I could to make up for the chapter before. I'm sorry about the Handon sex scene, It will be the only one, I promise.