34. The Known Cannot Be Unknown

Start from the beginning

That's all a big, fat, fictional belief system used to manipulate and disguise saviours to be only that; protectors of all that is good.

I don't think anyone will by that shit anymore.

"It goes both ways, Edmund. I'll see you soon." I mutter, reaching over to end the call, when I mean soon, I mean a little over one week, considering all the work I still need to do.

Only harsh breathing stops me and a loud shove from the speaker, I furrow my eyebrows when I recognise my brother's tone from anywhere, "What did you do, Marvin?" I ask, confused...very confused.

"Probably pissed him off more. You know that game..." He pauses through the speaker, for a moment, strangely enough, I hear heavy breaths, he continues, "...dumb ways to die, and that kid sticks the giant bear in the cave?" He says, I furrow my eyebrows...what relevance did this have?

I sigh, "Oh, he even sounded pissed, how many times do you think you'll have to dodge him before all the candy sprouts out?" I murmur, knowing the exact game my twin brother spoke of, just as the sound of a resonating slam courses through the speaker and therefore the apartment.

"Just what is this guy made of?" Utter disbelief was an understatement, I raise an eyebrow, if only I was there? I wouldn't stop it, I'd watch it with a bag of gummy bears and a wide smile. I would have paid to seen it...off topic.

"He's had military training." I tell him, before the sound of a harsh smack enters the atmosphere, I raise an even bigger eyebrow at the screen, exactly what on earth happened now.

"Give me the phone, asshat." Well, I'd recognise that growl from anywhere in a twenty-mile radius, even further, given where I am.

"Lemon?" Edmund tries good capture my attention.

"Did you just punch my brother?" I ask him, incredulously.

He's silent for a moment, "I don't think you want me to answer that question, lemon."

"What are you doing, Edmund?" I ask him.

He chuffs, "This is not about me, you're the one who won't come home." He mutters, I raise an eyebrow, he chokes as he adds, "Ahh...I mean..." He trails off more.

I narrow my eyes, "My home is not at that academy, Edmund. We both know that."

I hear him take a long sigh, "Lemon, a home isn't necessarily a place in which you can call a landmark of meaning, or memorable events that lead to a zero chance possibility of transparency in your mind. I could be a possible 'home'...for you...too?" I look up to the ceiling, as if asking whoever's up there to get this guy a hammer to the head. He's getting greatly sentimental.

"Well...interesting choice of words." Is all I can really think of to say.

"Don't take it the wrong way, lemon. I'm still just trying to get you to trust me, here. I know you don't fully, or you would have told me that your brother was going to be in that sport's car, instead of you. I feel like a clueless idiot not knowing what's going on." He mutters.

I grab the phone and lean in, "Find out who sent me those threats and those files, then you'll find me back at that academy before you can say 'lemon'." I say to him, hanging up once again with my head in my hands and my mind drained of life, almost. Trust needed to be earned, and Edmund was on thin ice, because each time he'd hide something, divert or lie once again, the sheets of ice he stood on would liquify and dissolve, he didn't have much time left before my strength cracks...along with his surface of cold planks, that had the ability to dissolve with just one flame of the fire on a lighter.

That's all it took.

I was half way into the landmark report and possible manufacturing agreements here, when an email pops up on my phone. I wasn't sure of this source, posing merely as an old friend of the elite on a website called 'Royal Reign'. A website I found site seeing near a high-school called 'Pearson high school', it had been half way between New York and Philadelphia, just something facial recognition picked up when scanning Edmund's physical attributes.