• Chapter 2 •

Start from the beginning

Usually Julia would've gone with Murphy, but she hung back to stand with her brother and sister. Bellamy was currently giving Octavia a disapproving look.

"What? He's cute." Octavia said, defensively. "He's a criminal." Bellamy spoke and Julia laughed and rolled her eyes. "They're all criminals, dude. Finn's one of the good ones."

Hearing Julia talk, Bellamy turned to face her. "And as for you, you seem pretty chummy with John Murphy." Bellamy said, narrowing in his eyes in the direction of the aforementioned.

"Yeah, Murphy's my best friend. I met him pretty soon after I first got put in lockup. He let me into his group and was there for me, which made me feel less alone. I don't know how I would've dealt with it without him." Julia explained.

Bellamy had mixed feelings. The most potent one was protectiveness of his little sister, which made him dislike the guy, but he also appreciated that he was there for her when he couldn't be. All in all, he decided he'd give the guy a chance, for his sister's sake.

"Look, I came down here to protect you both." Bellamy spoke and Octavia crossed her arms.

"Well, I don't need protecting. Julia and I have been locked up one way or another all our lives. I don't know about her, but I'm done following orders. I need to have fun, Bell. I need to just do something crazy just because I can, and no one, including you, is gonna stop me." Octavia told her brother.

"I can't stay with them." Bellamy said, glancing around. Julia furrowed her eyebrows. "What are you talking about?" She questioned.

Bellamy grabbed his sisters' arms and pulled them a little bit away where there were less people, so there was a less chance of being overheard.

"I did something, okay, to get on the drop ship, something that they will kill me for when they come down. I can't say what it is just yet, but you have to trust me. You do still trust me, don't you?" Bellamy looked between his sisters.

"Of course," Julia immediately responded, while Octavia nodded. "Yeah." She confirmed before the three of them walked back to the group.

"How are the two of you gonna carry enough food for a hundred?" Julia overheard Wells ask Clarke and Finn.

Finn turned and grabbed the two nearest guys, which happened to be Jasper and Monty, and pulled them over and turned them around. "Four of us. Can we go now?" Finn asked.

"Sounds like a party. Make it five." Octavia said, walking up to the group. "Hey, what the hell are you doing?" Bellamy questioned as he and Julia came up behind her. "Going for a walk." Octavia answered and the way she said it made Julia snort.

"Hey, were you trying to take this off?" Clarke demanded, walking up to Finn and grabbing his wrist to look at his wristband.

"Yeah. So?" Finn responded. "So this wristband transmits your vital signs to the Ark. Take it off and they'll think you're dead." Clarke explained.

"Should I care?" Finn questioned.

"Well, I don't know. Do you want the people you love to think you're dead? Do you want them to follow you down here in two months? Because they won't if they think we're dying." Clarke shot back and Finn backed down.