7: Entering the Maze

Warning: an emotional rollercoaster. All kinds of pain, tears and feels. Prepare a glass of water, or tissues. Or both.

********************

He slept with her that night, and she woke up hearing him having breakfast there, the drawns around the four poster bed were down.

"You have a meeting with the Top 5 business owners in the kingdom at 1 pm. A meeting with our representative at the UN at 5 pm. And finally with the Minister of Justice at 8 pm."

"My cousin will come later for an appointment with the queen. Move my appointment with our UN representative to 7 pm."

"Very well, Pyeha."

Tae Eul heard the whole conversation and got up. She's still in her lingerie and dressing robe. She tied her hair into a bun on top of her head then, barefeet, she walked to his breakfast table. She saw all the male guards automatically stared to the floor when she appeared.

"Good morning" Tae Eul greeted.

"Good morning."

Tae Eul looked around for Seung Ah. "Can I have some tea, please?"

As she waited for her tea, Lee Gon's eyes roamed on her skin. She's really fair, like the ladies in ancient Chinese paintings. The windows were all opened, and she sat with her back to the sunshine. She looked too beautiful, too perfect, she almost felt unreal.

"I have to go to New York next week."

"What for?" she asked, eating the mashed potatoes and sausages.

"A UN conference."

"Oh."

"Would you like to go with me?"

Tae Eul lifted her eyes and looked at him in surprise.

"Aren't you afraid I'll run away?"

"I'll bring lots of guards."

She resumed eating for a while, before saying, "New York is a great city, right?"

"It's nice. Very crowded, but nice."

"Will you lock me in your hotel rooms when you go to the meetings?"

"Yes" he confirmed shamelessly.

She chuckled bitterly.

"I'll go sightseeing with you on my free time. I'll schedule it."

She ate silently again for a while.

"Well, a change of atmosphere will be nice."

Lee Gon was at a loss for words for a while.

"I'll arrange your passport."

She nodded.

He had finished his breakfast and got up to wear his suit over his shirt.

"Doctor Young Ae will check your health before and after your consultation with Soo Ryeong. She said she wanted to check on your status that way."

"Ahrasseo."

Would you hate me even more after consulting with Soo Ryeong later?

Without saying another word, Lee Gon left the room.

Tae Eul looked up and stared at the door after he left.

*************************

Dr. Lee Young Ae, the best ob-gyn in the country, checked her blood pressure, heart-rate and general condition before the consultation with Dr. Soo Ryeong.