1. Tainted Love

Authors Note: Warning: very explicit mature content. Run away if this is not what you deviate into. NSFW. Toxic example of a relationship. You have been warned.

Ps: obviously, I was influenced by @delenasmonarch at twitter for the BGM. "Do I Wanna Know?" by Arctic Monkeys

**************************

What Lee Gon wanted, he always got.

Life as a ruler was lonely. His father was murdered when he was 8, by his own uncle. His mother died when he was three years old.

He had become a king since he was 8. He had advisors, but when he was fifteen and they reprimanded him for playing with a certain game console instead of reading the reports from his provinces, he beheaded them all.

He had been meticulous and read everything he had to. All he wanted was ONE Sunday undisturbed, and they wouldn't give him that!

They criticized his decisions for seven years, and he had enough. So off with their heads!

He was astounded to find out that no one condemned him for what he did. Who would? He was God in his land.

What he didn't figure out until it was too late was that those old advisors were his only intelligent companions. He had no one else to talk with about Math or dissecting other Head of Countries' decisions.

He killed them all too soon.

Of course, there was Jo Yeong. They had become friends even before his father died. But Jo Yeong saw him as an idol. The farthest thing he would do to reprimand him was to look at him in a judging manner. And that's all.

So he was all alone, again.

He did his duties. Oh yes, he did. Because he had nothing, except his kingdom. And he had none to be proud about, except his abilities as a King.

His reign was famous as one of the most prosperous time for Goryo. The King held the absolute authority, yet they also reached the fourth highest GDP in the world.

All was done in strategic manners, and in terms of economic growth, the King had never done any sins to his citizens.

Behind the walls of the palace, the King hid his sorrows with iron will and hands.

Because he had no more advisors, he seek solace from women. He had a room dedicated solely to bed those he deemed pretty enough.

He wanted no children from them, though. He had never seen anyone as fit enough to be his queen. He might never find one.

They were mostly too willing to satisfy him, too obedient and too uninteresting.

When they reported their pregnancies, he ordered them to do abortions.

Those who insisted to be his queen by announcing to others they had slept with him, got a death sentence threat.

He had no wish to deal with their idiocy. He gave them enough payment for their service anyway.

***********************************

He discovered he owned a key to open the doors of parallel worlds when he was 20. Well, half of the key, that was.

It didn't take long for him to realize that the murderer of his father could be somewhere in the parallel worlds.

He had never believed the body drifting ashore Haeundae was really the body of his uncle, Lee Rim, discovered only a year after the murder of his father.

Yes, the body had the correct DNA, but the man was frail and had poliomyelitis. The real Lee Rim was fit and strong.

He didn't have any grounds to refute the discovered body, but now he had it.