Chapter 4

Ophelia glared up at the house in front of them, not liking the aura is radiated

Ophelia glared up at the house in front of them, not liking the aura is radiated. The feeling of fear an anger oozed from every corner and window. Kol stood next to, firmly grasping her hand with a stony expression on his face. In front of them was Scott and the Hale werewolf, Derek. The two were whispering to each other, occasionally looking back at them. Until finally they turned back to look at them.

"Tell me, what's an Original vampire doing here?" Derek asked, prominent brows raised in question.

"Well, first we were here to live our lives," Kol shrugged, "But now we're here to help our Bonded."

Derek's eyes grew three sizes while Scott looked back and forth between them before he asked, "What? What does that mean?"

"There's many words for it. Bonded, Fated. But it's most commonly known as Soulmates." Kol explained with a smug grin. Scott made an odd sound that had Ophelia hiding her giggles behind her hand.

"It's rare for even two people, how did three become bonded?" Derek questioned in what sounded like disbelief. Kol and Ophelia looked to each other and shrugged.

Kol gave them a smirk and said, "It must be because we're so great."

Ophelia rolled her eyes and drove her elbow into his ribs and he let out a not so fake groan. The magic enhanced jab bruising him. "Ignore him. Cocky bastard. Now let's go, I want to know all about Isaac."

With that she forced her way past all three men and pushed open the front door of the Lahey household. They followed behind her, Scott shining his light. Kol was quick to move to the front and take her hand in his again as a silent show of support. The two werewolves followed behind them, Scott looking around with wide eyes. Ophelia tried to ignore the dark feeling permeating around the house. It looked like a normal happy household, but the kitchen and dining room was littered with broken glass.

"If Isaac didn't kill his father who did?" Scott asked, almost nervously.

"I don't know yet." Derek shrugged.

The younger werewolf looked to him in disbelief. "So how do you know he's telling the truth?"

Ophelia turned around with anger in her eyes as she hissed, "He didn't do it!"