Chapter Forty-six

Akari smiled at Katsumi. One by one she dropped the balls she was carrying into the ball cart that Katsumi was pushing.

The blue haired girl closed the door of the storage room behind her. Turning around, she flinched in suprise at Akari's figure who stood akwardly infront of her.

The said girl hesitated, but nevertheless smiled sheepishly at Katsumi once more. That was the fourth time she smiled at the confused girl after their little talk. Perhaps she wanted something from Katsumi since she's been following her for a while now.

"Do you need anything..?" Katsumi tilted her head as she began to walk back to the others, Akari stepping beside her.

"I was wondering if you know.. you wanted to be friends again? For old time sake? Or maybe not if you don't think it's- uhm.. but I want to- it's okay if you don't-.. I just- just thought we could be since we cleared the- ehem- nevermind I sound like a stupid-"

"Sure.." Akari's ramblings were cut off by Katsumi's reply just as they reached the others. Her eyebrows rose in suprise, still staring at Katsumi who was fixing her ponytail.

The other girls were looking at the two expectantly the moment they halted. Their eyebrows slowly furrowed and they gave Akari an inquiring look after a few minutes. Katsumi glanced at the girl beside her as well who was fidgeting akwardly.

'Didn't I say yes? Is there something wrong?' Katsumi thought.

"What's wrong Akari?" Akari glanced nervously at the girl. Katsumi then knew they genuinely just wanted to be on good terms with her again, which made her feel a tinge of happiness inside.

Placing a hand on her shoulder, Katsumi smiled reassuringly.

"Katsumi.. I- we really missed being by your side.. even if the last time we did was pretentious.. sorry, again." The obvious guilt could be seen in her eyes.

"I thought you didn't want to be by her side because you all wanted to best her?" Kohana peaked her head from behind Chiyo.

"We were overtook by jealousy that we broke the bond that the team always had.."

"I told you, it's okay.. Everything's okay now."

"So can we be friends again?" Yuki asked.

"Or atleast be acquaintances if you don't feel like being friends with us." Chiyo added almost too quickly.

Akari, Yuki and Chiyo glanced at Reiko who had her arms crossed and was staring intently at the wall beside them.

Noticing the several pairs of eyes on her, she glanced up at the girls who werr staring at her. In fact, their stares turned to glares (Kohana included), as they waited for her to say something.

"What?" She asked, irritated.

"Why you-" Katsumi instantly grabbed Kohana by the arm as the libero attempted to jump on Reiko.

"We're sorry, and we want to be good friends again, don't we Reiko?" Akari said slowly, emphasizing each word like she was talking to a child who would hardly understand.

Reiko grew flustered as she started stuttering in attempt to counter what Akari said. One look from their former captain's eye and she only managed to roll her eyes while nodding, and then muttered an audible "whatever.."

"Don't mind her." Yuki said as they started talking about the match they just played.

The boys also found their way halfway through the conversation and soon enough, the tension left the air like there wasn't one at all.

Everyone was just glad that there was no longer that uneasy feeling, as they watch Katsumi who easily accepted those girls back into her life. She really was just a simple person, even with crazy skills on court she's just one of the purest people to walk the earth.

"Our old opponents were right you know. You're an annoyingly formidable opponent." Akari teased.

"Yeah, you still suprise everyone you play against even if they know you like we do!"

"I'm seriously overrated." Katsumi muttered.

"No you're not! The players would always end up getting frustrated trying to predict what you'd do next.  Even I do too, sometimes! It's like trying to predict rock paper scissors.." Kohana exclaimed as the others nodded.

"On the plus side... Did you know Akari got invited to become one of Japan's under-19 representative?" Reiko added proudly.

The boys immediately found the conversation so much more interesting. Especially Hinata and Kageyama.

"Why are you boasting for me?" Reiko just grinned at Akari.

"Really? Congratulations Akari.." Katsumi smiled at the girl.

"Thanks Katsumi."

"..."

"Reiko why do you look so frustrated?"

"Thats it?" Everyone's head turned to her in confusion.

"Uhm.. what else is there to say?" Katsumi asked, just as confused as everyone.

"You're not jealous even a little bit?" She questioned.

Akari was about to hit her when Katsumi responded.

"Well you see.. I wasn't planning on telling anyone but, I got an invite too. Since last year, actually.. This year too but I declined." She said politely as to not sound conceited.

"Damn it." The blonde cursed.

"WAIT WHAT?" Tanaka screamed from somewhere in the group.

"Woaaaahhh! Katsumi I'm so jealous!" Hinata said in awe. The look of admiration gleaming in his eyes.

"You-.. you get to play for Japan?"

And so she was bombarded with questions from the boys who found this information very intriguing. After answering several of these, Daichi noticed how the boy's had no plans on stopping themselves so he did.

Katsumi sighed in relief as she gave the captain a look of gratitude.

Not long after everyone decided it was time to go since it was getting a little late. The girls had no idea where Misaki went but they assumed she returned to the motel they were currently staying at. They leave before dawn the next day so they called it a day.

Everyone left the gym and the remaining boys who stayed with them also parted ways. Kiyoko and Kohana was told by Katsumi to go without her since she felt like walking the girls to the motel. Tsukishima somehow reasoned that Katsumi shouldn't walk alone afterwards since it was getting dark. The rest didn't push further knowing the blonde megane only wanted to walk with their manager.

They stopped for some pork buns before making their way through the quiet streets of Miyagi.

"I'd like to play again sometime.." They turned their heads towards Akari who had her gaze at the motel as they got closer and closer.

"No longer as an opponent, of course." She added before looking at Katsumi.

"I'd like that too." Katsumi smiled. They halted in their tracks, arriving infront of the building.

"Then.. think about that invitation then maybe I'll see you in Tokyo?" Akari raised a brow.

Katsumi nodded as she also gave the girl a competitive look. An silent challenge made.

"Oh and you better keep that boyfriend of yours close.. anyone could snatch a good snack under your pretty little nose." Akari said as she turned around, waving her hand in farewell.

"I guess pretty runs in the family. Kiyoko-san is really good looking too. Like you and Kohana. It kinda makes me wanna be a Shimizu." Yuki giggled as she pulled Katsumi in for a quick hug before following Akari.

"Bye Katsumi." Chiyo looked up from her phone and smiled, before trailing behind the two. The three of them entered and disappeared from sight.

It would be a while before she'd see them again. Katsumi was just glad at how her day turned out. She wasn't expecting any of those to happen, but she was thankful for it. Still, she was mentally and physically exhausted and she couldn't wait to take a warm shower and get some sleep.

Tsukishima pulled her out from her thoughts when she stepped beside the girl.

"Finally, some alone time." He muttered under his breath. Katsumi still heard this and let out a soft chuckle as she started tugging on his arm. She smiled at her boyfriend before they walked the same pathway leading towards the station.

BONUS~~
because this chapter is shit and unedited~

"Katsumi-chan! Nekoma's going to Nationals!" Kohana screamed at the top of her lungs as she ran down the stairs and pounced outside without glancing at her two sisters who were talking in the living room.

"I bet she's talking to Lev." Katsumi smirked as she peeked through the window to see Kohana pull out her phone.

Kiyoko pretended not to see Katsumi spying Kohana and walked to the kitchen instead.

'I should congratulate Kenma.. I'll text him later.' Katsumi thought.

She stumbled back and fell on her butt when Kohana suddenly pushed the door open. Her eyes widened at Katsumi who was now rubbing her behind and was avoiding the other's gaze.

"We're- we're you listening..?" She half whispered half screamed. Katsumi lifted her head to see Kohana who was blushing furiously and flustered.

The two of them forgot about how Katsumi was caught as the said girl instantly took the opportunity to tease her sister while jabbing her side.

"So what else did you guys talk about? Surely there was something else since it took you a good few minutes with Lev~~."

"Nothing! Wha-what- I mean- wait how did you even know it was him?!"

"I heard his Russian ass from the other line.. and besides, who else can make you blush like that?"

Kohana's face looked enraged as she stuttered furiously but failed at constructing an understandable sentence.

"Uhm Kiyoko-san..? I think we need a new sister! Kohana broke!"

She immediately dodged the pillow Kohana threw and ran, her furious sister behind her.

.

I'm going to say ut again, unedited.

Just so you know when I mean unedited, it literally means I didn't read the chapter after I wrote it. I literally just thought 'Hey it's done' then published it.

Edit:

Y'all should know I can only use my phone/laptop two hours a day so yey~ what a joy!

Anyways I need wattpad friends... no? ok.