Chapter Forty-three

"Akari, this is Tsukishima. Tsukishima Kei... he's-"

"A snack."

...what?

(Okay hold up)

'Now wait just a minute...' Katsumi raised a finger indicating she was just about to speak when Akari already did.

"You look better up close.." Akari smirked.

Katsumi's eyes went wide as she watched the raven looked at Tsukishima from head to toe.

'excuse me? That's mine. And he's a whole meal for your information.'

"I'm Taeko Akari, Akari is fine." She added as she looked at him suggestively, licking her lips in attempt to look sexy.

Katsumi cringed and was fuming, but she didn't let her facade down. Her face twitching.

"Not interested." The male said coldy, his gaze bored as he didn't spare her a glance.

Katsumi's eyebrows rose in suprise as she stared up at him. She was slightly taken aback by his rudeness, but she was happy about how the way he treated her.

She opened her mouth and was about to speak when Akari cut her off for the second time.

"Tsundere are we? You'll be warming up to me before you even know it. And I think you know what I mean.." She bat her eyelashes as she started clinging on Tsukishima's arm.

'Seriously, can't this girl take a hint?' Katsumi thought as she rolled her eyes, a tight feeling in her stomach as Akari rub her boyfriend's biceps.

She closed her eyes and took a sharp breath. Composing herself, not wanting to lose it, she opened her eyes, still smiling as she watched Akari and Tsukishima so close to each other.

Tsukishima on the other hand, only felt disgust and resentment, as he pulled his arm away harshly. He glanced at Katsumi who was now uknowingky looking at Akari like a murderer.

Catching sight of the action, the boy smirked. He was about to grab Katsumi by the arm when she abruptly turned around.

"If you'll excuse me, I have other things I'd rather attent to at the moment." She said casually, her back still facing the two as she walked away.

Tsukishima couldn't believe she left him with the girl beside him. His eyebrows furrowed as he slightly glared at Akari who was smiling to herself, eyes closed and unware of how the male stared daggers at her feeling betrayed.

.

Katsumi had a dark aura around her as she stormed, but she was too far from the rest for them to notice.

She looked up and locked gazes with pure black orbs, making her stop in her tracks.

She hesitated, but she eventually turned and made her way towards Misaki who was standing stiffly, head hung low and fidgeting across the gym.

Katsumi glanced at the ginger and halted a meter infront of her. Slowly, a smile made it's way on her lips as she watch Misaki shift uncomfortably.

For a second she recalled how they were in the same situation when the both of them met for the first time.

"Inoue-san wait up!"

"...you play volleyball too?"
The blue haired girl asked as she stepped beside Misaki.

"Uhuh.." The other girl replied timidly, her voice bearly audible.

"Well do you mind if I walk with you?" Katsumi smiled at the ginger who still had her head hung low. Misaki glanced at Katsumi shyly before dropping her gaze once more.