The Book of The Vampires: New Beginnings

As Marcozia lifted his stake into the air to strike the killing blow, Denika tried to fire another magical blast at the Vampire, but it deflected it back as easily as it had done before, though at least this time Denika was able to evade it.

Denika fired different kinds of spells at the Vampire, but Marcozia either dodged them or managed to deflect the magic back at Denika.

"Pathetic. You call yourself a Witch?" The Vampire sneered at her. "You'd be the type to get burned at the stake because you were too stupid to realise you could just fly away on a broom!"

Whilst the Vampire was taunting her however, the Circus Master grabbed the rug that Marcozia was standing on and pulled it from under him, knocking the Vampire flat on his face.

Using the strongest magics she could conjor, Denika engulfed the Vampire in an energy beam. It would be strong enough to vaporise a human in a matter of seconds, but Marcozia's Vampiric constitution allowed him to survive longer. He fought hard against the beam, but its power was too strong and he collapsed to the floor, apparently beaten. The Vampire let out a scream to alert his minions.

Four different breeds of Vampire came crashing through the doors. A female Vampire with red hair, and green slimy tentacles emerging from various parts of her body. A small Vampire with green skin, horns on its head, four eyes, and six arms. A Vampire with blue skin, black eyes like a shark, yellow fangs, and long arms that ended with three clawed fingers. Finally the last Vampire was a large, skinny, deathly pale, blonde creature with spindly arms and completely black eyes. Its mouth was twisted into a hideous grin.

The tentacled Vampire was actually Kelly the worker from Ferguson's old Mill who had now completely her transformation.

Kelly shot one of her tentacles at Denika, who was forced to place a magical shield around herself for protection. Unfortunately as a result she had to abandon her spell around Marcozia. Marcozia's flesh was badly burned from her spell and in rage he jumped at Denika tearing through her magical barrier with his strength and sending her crashing to the ground below. The Circus Master ran to help her, but as he did, Kelly reached out and grabbed him by the leg, pulling the Vandal towards the other three Vampires, who started to scratch, punch and kick the Circus Master furiously.

Marcozia slowly tried to choke the life out of Denika. He wanted to savour her death after what she had put him through. It had been a long time since anyone, apart from his maker, had been able to hurt him.

With her last ounce of strength Denika managed to summon up a small blast using magic created from her adopted universe that threw Marcozia across the room.

Marcozia however instantly jumped back up and ran at Denika. Too weak to summon up powerful magics, and knowing that Marcozia would most likely dodge her attacks, Denika fired a magical blast into the ceiling causing rubble to fall between her and the Vampire.

Getting her strength back, Denika then flew into the air and fired another blast at the ceiling above the Vampire, burying him under a mass of rubble, after which she then flew towards the Vampires attacking the Circus Master. She fired an energy blast at the blue clawed Vampire, which clearly was not as strong as Marcozia as it was vaporized relatively quickly.

The other monsters then turned their attention to the Witch and started attacking her, though Denika was able to evade their attacks, and whilst they were distracted, the Circus Master headed for his hat containing the weapons.

Kelly was soon able to get a lucky hit at Denika however and smacked her to the upper balcony, before scaling the side of the building with her tentacles in pursuit.