c h a p t e r - f o u r

Start from the beginning

"I wish you could," she said moving the fan around so it could fan her face directly.

💫💫💫💫

Shivansh glared at Chirag who was busy talking with their driver. He didn't believe their journey started on such a bad note. First, the flight got delayed by 2 hours. They were greeted by rain when they reached Amritsar much to his annoyance and now when they were on the way to Dalhousie, then their car broke down on the deserted highway in this hot temperature. He let out a frustrated groan seeing the cars passing by but couldn't do anything. Chirag was still trying to speak to the driver who said they need to get back to Amritsar as he won't find a mechanic here. He was frustrated and hungry which made him angry. So he made his way to where Chirag was standing.

"Is there any restaurant or something nearby?" Shivansh asked narrowing his eyes because of the Sun bursting in the sky.

"Yes, at least that. Even I am craving food," Chirag said with a smile. Shivansh glared at him.

"There might be a Dhaba nearby. You get done with eating until then I will find some help," the driver said pointing to back direction.

"You too eat something and later we can find help," Shivansh said being the sweet that he was. The driver shook his head.

"That's better. Come along with us," Chirag insisted.

The driver agreed when two boys didn't leave him alone and rather insisted to come along. He took out the keys and started locking the car. Shivansh moved away and started walking in the direction driver suggested. Chirag came and threw his hands on Shivansh's shoulders. He glared again.

"What? It's not like I did something with the car," Chirag said in his defence. Shivansh sighed heavily.

"I was fine in Pune," he said shaking his head slightly.

"Yes, of course. Sitting at your desk, writing programs and in between peeking in your Aditi's feeds and getting angry at people for no reason," Chirag said rolling his eyes as he moved aside.

"Keep your mouth shut," Shivansh said and started walking fast with Chirag following him as he laughed out loud.

They both stood in front of the Dhaba and stared up at the nameplate. Take Rest. Chirag made a face and looked at Shivansh to the side. Shivansh let out a sigh and shook his head in disappointment.

"Take Rest Dhaba?" Chirag asked making a face.

"Seriously?" he said again when Shivansh refused to speak anything ahead.

"Who cares man," he said and started walking ahead.

"But Take Rest?" Chirag said without letting go of the topic just yet.

"Will you stop?" Shivansh said through gritted teeth in between giving smile to the Dhaba owner who asked them to seat with a namaste.

"Okay, mom. Sorry," Chirag said with a chuckle as Shivansh threw him a glare.

They walked through the charpai searching a seat for them when Chirag's eyes fell on the known face. He recognized it immediately as he has survived his engineering by copying the notes and assignments of that very girl. Though they weren't exactly close they knew each other really well.

Shivansh was asking Chirag if they should seat at one corner where he could spot an empty table but Chirag wasn't listening to him anymore. He made his way towards the charpai located near the table fan.

"Hello," he said getting in front of Ahana. She jerked looking to the side with the sudden appearance of a boy but her face lit up immediately and she found herself smile ear to ear as she got up from her seat.