Chapter 11: Magical Girl Ruririn?

Start from the beginning

Raita excused themselves as they walked onto the campus.

"And we're posing as third year junior high students, here to look around the school~." Raita said.

"I can understand that story, but..." Haruko's face turn grim as she began to pinch Raita's cheeks. "Why do you and Gion get to wear your Jinko uniforms and I have to come in my old junior high uniform!?"

"Because we are small enough our uniforms look like we are still in junior high, but since you look a bit older it wouldn't as well with the Jinko uniform." Raita explained pulling Haruko's hands off his cheeks. "Therefore if you wear your old uniform, it just looks like you're tall for your age~"

He laughed as he left Haruko there with a grim look on her face. "T-Tall for my age...I doubt anyone's gonna believe that..."

"She's right, will anyone believe this story?" Gion asked as Haruko wedge herself between the two.

"You want to learn what a flanker does, right? Rather than talk and explain, you'll understand much quicker if you see it in person! And there's no one better to watch than the flanker from the number one team in Kanagawa!" Raita explained as they continued walking. "Their opponent today is Kanto Academy...They made it into Kanagawa's top 8 last year. Pretty sure this'll be quite the match to see!"

"To borrow the words of old man Komo..." Raita's imitated Komori's coaching face as he spoke. "Go Steal!"

"Steal what?" Gion looked confused as Haruko laughed at how accurate it was.

"Hm? Oh, you know, techniques and stuff!"

"Well Komori-san did say that the best way to win is to steal what other schools do..." Haruko tilted her head as she said that. "By taking their techniques we can use it against them, and possibly come up with better techniques based on them."

"Right on target!" Raita pointed finger guns at her. "By the way...Why did you bring that?"

Haruko looked confused until she noticed he was eyeing the bag she held in her right hand, the same on she was suppose to offer to Gion.

"Oh this, I was gonna ask if Gion wanted these at school but I forgot when you told us the idea to come to Ryoin to see the flanker." She raised the bag as she explained. "Also Kenjiji really wants me to get rid of this so he wanted this out of the house by today."

As they walked deeper into the campus, the sounds of cheering could be heard.

"Oh shoot!" Raita sped up his walk as he heard the cheers close by. "Sounds like it started already..."

As they reached the fields, they stood a few feet away from the fence, reason being that there was a crowd of fan girls crowding the fence cheering for the Ryoin team.

"Let's watch from over there, Gion-kun."

"Yeah..."

"You guys are so jealous~" Haruko let out a laugh as she followed behind the two boys whose tick marks are as visible as the eye can see.

"Okay, this place seems fine..."

The three eventually found a empty fence space where they got a clear view of the field as they crouch so they wouldn't be seen.

"Let's see, the flanker..." Raita skimmed the field as he looked for the players. "Look for numbers 6 and 7 on the blue side!"

"Got it!" "Roger!"

The match began as the number 7 from the blue side tackled down the number 12 from the other team.

"Whoa...That was an amazing tackle!" Gion watched the match amazed as the play stood up showing the number 7. "Number 7, that's him. He's big. So that's the best flanker in Kanagawa."