38: Labour of Love

Start from the beginning

The god of the underworld chuckled, "Why does everyone say that? You can't kill me. I'm Hades. This... This is death."

"Well, then I'll find a whatever's worse and do it to you."

Hades knelt down, "Oh. I see you've... You've met my pet. Only one other person was able to tame it, but you're about to realize his master is not nearly as friendly."

*****

"Cerberus, buddy, where are you going?" Elle frowned.

The monstrous dog took off with Elle running behind. Cerberus was in pursuit of something and Elle did not want to see another soul fall victim to it. She pushed her legs to keep moving and stopped short to see Hades. Her body froze at the sight of him and he placed a finger over his lips. He then whistled calling Cerberus back to him. 

The three headed dog returned and once it saw Elle, it licked her face. She petted his three heads and Hades looked at her with admiration. 

"Return to the castle," He ordered, "There is some business here that I must attend to."

Elle made a face, "But it is boring there. Isn't it, buddy?"

Cerberus dipped its head agreeing. Hades let out an exaggerated breath, "This is your last warning."

He walked away and Elle secretly followed behind. 

"I called them off," Hades said and when Elle looked, she could not believe her eyes. 

Regina was standing in front of him with Mary Margaret, Emma and Hercules in tow.

"Who are you," Emma asked him. 

"My Uncle," Hercules tensed.

"Hades?" Regina said slowly. 

"Don't look so surprised," Hades shrugged, "Who did you think was in charge of this place, your mommy?"

"Well, if this is your realm, maybe you can answer a few questions," The Evil Queen said in her stern tone, "Like, why does this hellhole look like Storybrooke?"

"I have my reasons and I don't have to share them with you," Hades said. 

"Leave them alone, Uncle," Hercules told the god, stepping forward. 

"There's that famous courage people love to talk about. Oh Hercules, did you really think you could face Cerberus again?"

"Again?" Mary Margaret asked him. 

"You mean, he didn't tell you?" Hades fake gasped.

"Cerberus killed you," Mary Margaret realized. 

"Yeah," Hercules nodded, "I didn't want you to know. Snow, I couldn't let you down."

"Well, it's nothing to be ashamed of, nephew. After all, losing your life to my little pet is what finally brought us together as family. If it makes you feel a little better, only one person besides myself was able to tame it. Your aunt."

Elle cringed being referred to as Hercules' aunt. That would mean she would be with Hades, cue the barf. 

"We're not afraid of you," Mary Margaret said bravely. 

"Oh, Snow White," Hades smirked, "Or is it Mary Margaret? My nephew said you were a spitfire. But trust me, you should be quite afraid of me. Because the next time you interfere with my family, I will come after yours."

"Bring it. We're not gonna rest until we find Hook," Emma stepped forward.

Hook? Elle thought confused, Why would he be here. He was still alive wasn't he?