Helping Hand

August in Media

Amari POV
It had been a week since I had to console Dayday about Jayda's pregnancy. In a weird, consoling him felt so different this time. He was laying on my chest and he looked at me differently than normal. I brushed it off and since then I haven't seen him. I called him three or four times and no response. But I have been texting August and today was the day he wanted me to choose and edit between two outfits he picked. I was nervous but... I was built for this. He was picking me up and I had to look my best. I went into my closet and found a black graphic tee dress with butterflies on it ,and put on my black balenciagas. Of course the ones that look like socks. I put on my lashes and put my hair in a top knot with extra babyhairs. I looked really pretty and I hope Aug thought so too.

iMessage from August☺️

Yeah we had been texting a lot and I had gotten his number. My crush for him only grew stronger and he was so sweet. We talked day and night and now I was helping him in person with his outfit. I unlocked my phone and read his message.

August☺️: Pulling up in 2 mins. Hope your ready.

I smiled and say my phone back down looking at the final product of myself. I was happy and I grabbed my phone and keys and went downstairs. My mom was in the living room watching tv. I walked in the kitchen and grabbed a granola bar. My mom walked in with an empty bowl of popcorn and she looked me up and down.

Mom: "Where are you going all fancy?"
Me: "I'm going to help a friend with an outfit."
Mom: "What time will you be back?"

I glanced down at my phone and it was 12:45 pm. He wasn't gonna be done at the photo shoot till 7 and he wanted me to stay the whole time. Plus he was my ride home. Just in case I told her 11 because I didn't know what he had planned afterwards. She nodded her head and got another bag of popcorn.

Me: "What you been watching. You jhl eating a lot of popcorn?"

My mom looked at me like I had said a crazy word. She hated the DC slang but I didn't care. It was so imbedded in my vocabulary. She walked out the kitchen and ignored my question. I laughed and shouted "I love you mom." She shouted back "I love you too Amari , take your mace." I rolled my eyes and grabbed the mace off the keychain hanging up. She made me and my sister take our mace everywhere.

I walked outside and there was August in a Jeep Truck. I smiled because that had always been my dream car. I started walking and I seen across the street Dayday. He had been leaving out his house and he noticed me walking to August truck. I told August to hold on one second and walked over to him. Dayday hugged me and told me he was sorry for ignoring me.

Me: "What the hell Dayday you can't just disappear on me!"
Dayday: "You know it wasn't like that I found out my first love got pregnant."
Me: "It's fine. I gotta go just text me right now"

I gave him a soft kiss on the cheek and walked to August's car.

August: "Who was that?"

He asked like he was curious and jealous a little. I didn't wanna get too besides myself so I responded with the truth.

Me: "That's my best friend Damien. But everyone calls him Dayday. I've known him since the 9th grade"

August just looked at me then he responded

August: "That makes sense."

He put the car in drive and we was off to his house.
When we pulled up it was 1:25. We had about two hours to fix the outfits and make them perfect. August parked and we walked to his house. He unlocked the door and his house was beautiful. We were greeted by his sister. She's 23 and they live together.

Angel: "Hey my name is Angel."
Me: "I'm Amari."

I was kind of shy meeting August's sister because I never been around him before and now I was helping him pick out clothes.

We walked upstairs to his room and he pulled out the outfits. One was neon green suit and had 4 chains with it. The other was a blue suit and had 2 chains and a pinky ring. Both had a pair of expensive black dress shoes. I was amazed at his taste in clothing. Both suits being Tom Ford.

August: "So what do you think?"

I didn't have anything to change. I was flabbergasted by that.

Me: "It's perfect. I'm so surprised I thought I'd have to fight you in here on changes."

August let out a cute chuckle.

August: "Well since you have nothing to change, what do you wanna do now? You hungry?"

I said yes and he picked up the outfits and took them to the car. We got back in the car and he drove to a restaurant. We walked inside and it smelled so good. We sat down and saw the menu. I knew I wanted wings so bad. It was my favorite food currently and I was always in the mood for it.

Waitress: "How are y'all doing?"
Me and August: "Good"
Waitress: "Do you know what you guys want yet?"

I told her what I wanted and what I wanted to drink and so did August. She walked away and August began to speak.

August: "So what's your plans after schools over?"

I hadn't really thought about it since school had started but I did want to go to college or become a model or something of that nature. I was quiet and shy even though I had a big following and I only had two friends. I didn't see myself as a big superstar.

Me: "I don't know yet to be honest. Maybe modeling or college."
August: "Modeling? You?"
Me: "What do you mean?"
August: " You always been quiet. Even though your popular on the net I've always seen you quiet and to yourself."

And that was the thing. Yeah I was quiet but I had big ideas and stuff like that.

Me: "Yeah I am but I had a creative passion and modeling might be a way to demonstrate that passion."

August smiled and began to drink his soda.

Me: "So.. what's your plans after school?"
August: "I'm praying this singing gig plays out how I want it too."

I thought to myself about how much of a good singer he was.

Me: "I listen to your music all the time and it's amazing. You got talent."

He smiled at me. For a while it was quiet until he asked me about Dayday again.

August: "So you guys been bffs for four years and he ain't never tried anything?"
Me: "Nope.. I guess I was always straight forward that we would never be anything."
August: "That's wassup. Sorry if I'm acting weird I'm just new to stuff like this."

Stuff like what, I thought to myself.

Me: "What do you mean?"
August: "Talking in person and like on dates and stuff"

A DATEEEEE ? I thought in my head. I began smiling and he caught onto it.

August: "Sorry if I jumped the gun. Like I said I'm not really good on stuff like this."
Me: "Your doing great."

He smiled and we ate our food. Once we were done, we started talking about some rappers he'd like to collab with and how happy he was that his fan base was growing. He even mentioned that he'd shout me out for helping with the clothes. We talked and he looked down at his phone and it was three. He paid for the check even though I insisted to pay for my food. He left a 30 dollar tip and I was shocked. We walked to his car and drove to the set for his photo shoot. Once we got there they took him away to get dressed. I sat down and got on Instagram. I took a boomerang and posted it on my instasnap.

*Imstagram: @/TheRealJas: Girl where are you at? Dayday texted me and told me he has feelings for you.

And that's when I realized that my life was suddenly changing.