August.

Today was my first day of senior year. I woke up and yawned. I heard my mom yelling at my sister because she doesn't like to wake up early and neither do I but I've always been better at getting up.

Mom: "Destiny I told you to get your ass up and dressed 10 mins ago!"

Destiny cried: " But Mom, I don't wanna go to school, I'm gonna be a new girl."

I had finally walked down stairs in my shorts and bra. Destiny and my mom had been going at it since she got promoted from 8th grade to the 9th. Destiny was slim and dark skin just like me. She had nothing to be ashamed.

Destiny looked over at me and smiled.
Destiny: "Tell mom we don't wanna go. We aren't going to miss anything on the first day."
I sighed. I hate being in the middle of their cat fights but Destiny always pulled me in it.

Me: "Destiny can't you just get dressed and stop complaining for one day? I love you but you're stressing me out and it's my first last day. I should be excited."

Destiny rolled her eyes, stomped up the steps and went to get dressed.

Mom: "Thank you Amari, sometimes I just *mimics strangling someone*"
Me: *laughs* "That's your daughter."

I walked back upstairs to get dressed and I didn't have a clue what I wanted to wear. I guess you could say I was "spoiled" but I didn't think I was. I just asked for stuff and got it, it was simple. I had decided to shower before choosing an outfit. Once I got out of the shower I opened my closet door and realized it was a mess. I needed to clean it up but I didn't have time. As I searched for an outfit, I heard my bedroom door open. I heard a voice I needed to hear in this crisis.

Dayday: "Damn a tornado ran through here?"

I pushed him and laughed. Dayday was my boy best friend. I absolutely loved him and we were inseparable. I've known him since 9th grade and we went through all our years together. People thought we were dating or having sex but my stomach churned at the thought of having sex with him. Of course he was gorgeous and I thought he was a great looking guy , but we built a bond that was strictly best friends and that's all it will ever be.

Me: "I'm glad your here, I needed an outfit to pop at school today but I can't find anything"

I pouted and he rolled his eyes. He grabbed my robe off my door and told me to put it on. As he looked through my closet I made conversation because he looked like he was in deep thinking.

Me: "So did you and Ari have fun last night?"
Dayday: *glances over at me* "I guess I mean, she kept touching all on me and saying she wanted to fuck but I wasn't trying to hit her yet because I actually liked her"

This was the problem with Dayday. He wasn't a typical player. He had actual feelings and used his heart. And to me, it was adorable asf. I laughed and looked at him.

Me: "You gotta stop with the feelings. These bitches don't wanna love they wanna fuck."
Dayday: "Yeah I know but I got boujee dick. You know I don't fuck anybody."

He had been stuck on his ex girlfriend, Jayda. Jayda graduated last year and began dating a rapper named Lil Baby. He was so jealous because he gave her his all and she left him hanging. I realized he started getting in his feelings about the conversation so I dropped it. He came out of my closet with an outfit I couldn't even imagine putting together. (Outfit in media) After I was dressed , I admired myself in the mirror and began to do my hair. My hair was really long and it took a long time to do, but I did a quick slick down and put a scarf on my head. I applied my lashes and my lipgloss. I put on some sliver hoops that had my name in them and I was all ready to go. I had seen Destiny eating and I looked at her outfit. She had on tight black leggings, low Air Force ones and a big graphic tee with the Avengers on it. She had put her hair in a bush and her hair was long as well. I had asked her if she needed a ride to school but she insisted she'd ride the bus with her friend. I grabbed my phone and walked outside with Dayday. He was giving me a ride since my car was in the shop. My mom was getting it touched up since my birthday was in a week. Yeah I'm 17 and I'll be 18.