𝓐/𝓝 #4: 𝓞𝓸𝓹𝓼𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓘 𝓱𝓪𝓭 𝓪𝓷 𝓲𝓭𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓬𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓲𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓰𝓸𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓾𝓹𝓭𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝔂𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰!!! :𝓓

yeah. What the title says. :D

If you want a look into my identity crisis check out my gay panic thing.

I'm probably not gonna get an update out very soon because on top of the identity crisis I've been having bad writer's block so that's great. I'm going back through chapters to make them better and get back into the story a bit to hopefully help the writers block, but it's not working too great. In the meantime, have this small essay I wrote for my AP Us History class lol. The prompt was to take a section of our textbook and pretend a movie was made out of it. Then you attack the movie, saying all the historical inaccuracies and stuff, and basically be like an internet troll. It was pretty fun but I went a little overboard woops. I ended up with like 700+ words whereas everyone else had like at the very max 200 words and in general usually had between 50 and 100. anyways, you can read it if you'd like. It has a fun twist ending I think.

Also just wanted to say I wrote this while listening to lofi music and that's just a strange mood let me tell you.

Review starts here:

There are so many historical inaccuracies in this movie that I won't even be able to get into them all. Let's start with the section of the movie that defined the war aims. This movie gives the impression that all Americans were in it to go to war with Britain and win right away. This inaccuracy disgusts me. It is as if the writers of this movie have never been in a history class, let alone research the subject of the movie they were making. the truth here is that only a portion of America wanted any kind of independence! There were large groups that wanted small reforms and other groups still that wanted a middle group between full independence and small reforms, the latter group being the majority of American people. To paint the idea that all Americans wanted independence and war with Britain right away disgusts my 12 majors in American history.

Don't even get me started on how the movie didn't even have the decency to mention Thomas Paine's Common Sense. How can they be so insensitive to history??!!!11?!!!!?? This book is the basis of the revolution. The heart behind the movement. To leave it out almost seems purposeful. I threw up after learning that they weren't even going to mention the book and its influence on the declaration or its influence on the people, the way it brought to light the corruption of Britain, and brought people together, uniting them under this cause.

Nextly, the part where they drafted the declaration of independence. OH. MY. GOSH. HOW!!!!!????? >:( >:( >:( How can movie makers be so insidious?? They must have very small IQ's. Me with my 223 IQ could have made an exponentially better movie that would have been more entertaining AND more accurate. They paint Thomas Jefferson as a God-send when all he is is a dirty little plagiarizer. Convenient how they left out Common Sense AND John Locke. These and many other documents, including local 'declaration of indepenceses' can be found almost word for word in the declaration.

They also got the responses to the declaration all wrong. They only show the side of cheering on this independence and seem to forget about the part of America that were considered, Loyalists. This is a most important part of history that they just choose to completely leave out. Disgusting. They don't even touch on the dividedness of America at the time. The many ideals that made up the starting nation. They paint a one-sided picture. Just thinking about the injustices this movie has made makes me sick to my stomach.

At least they got parts of the beginning war efforts correctly. Although this part of the movie was also riddled with inaccuracies. They touched on the difficulties of getting supplies to a somewhat accurate point, but still yet didn't get into the meat of it. They simplified everything down to an insulting level. The guns used weren't even at all close to an accurate gun that the real revolutionists would have used. They didn't even touch on how America got through all this. Simply being like "Oh America had a hard time getting supplies, but they did it." They could have at the very least mentioned how France was a huge help in this struggle or the inflation problem that came with trying to get Americans to help finance their own war. The parts about George Washington were also very dumbed down. All that was said was about how "George Washington was great and people loved him so they unanimously voted for him." They didn't even try to explain his great myth and the reasons for people backing him. This whole movie has been dumbed down to an inaccurate and unwatchable point.

For an animated children's movie, this movie disgusts me. How can we teach children that this is what history was? It simply isn't what history was and the animation is abhorrent too. George Washington wasn't a lion!!!!! I'm only giving this 2 stars out of 10 instead of 1 because the backing track and choice of music was quite enjoyable.