Chapter 1

3rd Pov

War, War has changed not just man but the world itself. What is the cause of war anyway? There are many reasons.

Greed, Resources, Power... But in this case. This world rarely has wars to begin with. Why did I start this story off like this? You'll understand.

Allow me to explain this world, a world where great magics are performed with such grace and beauty. Magics that changes not just Man but also Nature.

It is similar to Earth, yet so different. Vast Seas full of life, Land with great treasures beneath its earthen grasp. The skies so clear at night, the stars are so visible that one can almost see distant galaxies.

Now let us visit one of this world's occupants. He lives in a city where peace is the city's very image. Crime is almost nonexistent, Corruption is instantly purged from its system, and people living within its walls can sleep in pure bliss knowing no harm can effortlessly dawn on them.

His name is Andreas Fort. A man who lives a peaceful life with his wife and his two children, one male and one female. He works as the Head of the City Guard.

He earned his position thanks to his uncanny ability to copy his enemies unique ability and magic. Overpowered sure, but its downside is he needs to at least touch his opponent, either physically or... Awkwardly his enemies liquids.

That includes spit, blood, sweat, and tears. That way greatly increases his control over his copied ability, but knowing how awkward and unhygienic it is. He heavily avoids such a process unless it is necessary.

But back on topic. Our protagonist is happily enjoying his time with his family when catastrophe struck.

None of the people saw it coming, especially since the one who orchestrated the attack has the uncanny ability to teleport oneself and a multitude of men instantly.

Now then, let us see through the eyes of our Protagonist.

Andreas Pov

How! Our scout mages should've been able to know if an army was approaching!

Soldier: Sir! Report from the front lines sir!

Andreas: Speak soldier.

Soldier: Sir! The Elite Guards are having trouble with the invaders, sir! They can't hold on much longer!

What the fuck does that even mean?! They're Elites for Elita's sake!

Soldier: Sir! Reports say that the invaders are former Machalite Elites!

Andreas: Are you pulling my leg here soldier!?

He shook his head.

No fucking wonder! Machalite Elites are way stronger than Elites that's for sure, but where the hell are the City Machalite Elites though?!

Andreas: Any word from the City Machalite Elites?!

The soldier flinched.

Andreas: Speak soldier!

He gulps nervously.

Soldier: That's the thing, Sir... The ones attacking are ours.

Andreas: What!?

I grabbed his collar and raised him up to my level.

Soldier: Our scouts say that one of them has some sort of brainwashing ability.

I sighed and let him go... This is going to be a pain in the ass.

Andreas: Tell everyone to stand strong! Once we get all the civilians out we'll bombard them!