Drinking Game

Hey everyone!  I had so much fun writing this chapter so I hope you like it as much as I do!  It's always fun imagining how these two characters interact in a casual way when no one is looking.  Here are some more songs I listen to while I think about how to tell this story.  Enjoy!

No Right to Love You by Rhys Lewis

Heart by Heart by Demi Lovato

About Love by MARINA  

Wei Ying had been at Cloud Recesses almost a year and couldn't believe that he had not indulged in any alcohol the entire time. It wasn't that he was abstaining or had lost his taste for it, it was simply that he had been so happy just being with Lan Zhan that he hadn't felt the need to drink.

But now.... With the 2 white porcelain bottles right in front of him, his desire to taste the heavenly liquid was overwhelming. Lan Zhan took the top off the first jug and the intoxicating scent that escaped tickled Wei Ying's nose. He took a deep breath before letting out a soft moan of anticipation causing Lan Zhan's skin to prickle into tiny goosebumps, his eyes glazing over. It felt like his heart would leap out of his chest and his hands felt so weak that he almost dropped the wine.

Lan Zhan shook his head slightly, regaining his senses and poured Wei Ying a cup who quickly grabbed it, threw his head back, and downed the liquor in one gulp. Lan Zhan watched in silence as Wei Ying's Adam's apple slid up and down his neck as he swallowed. His eyes never left Wei Ying's content face while he felt the blush creeping into his ears and an unusual warmth buiding down below.

Why did that simple everyday movement send shockwaves through his body? What was wrong with him? Why did HE want to be the one to cause Wei Ying to make that sound again? He knew that these were not normal thoughts or feelings because they were both men. But his body would not listen to reason. He tried looking away from Wei Ying's face but his gaze was locked on it and, no matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't look away.

With a devilish look in his eyes, Wei Ying grabbed the bottle out of Lan Zhan's hand and poured the liquid directly into his mouth. He reached for the second one that still sat on the dark wooden table and, within seconds, both bottles were empty. He licked his lips and then wiped his mouth with his sleeve, not caring about manners, even with the Second Twin Jade Brother sitting in front of him.

"Lan Zhan, I'm sorry I'm so greedy. But, I just can't control myself when it comes to Gusu's legendary Emperor's Smile! It's just so good!" He sounded like a little boy full of innocence and joy and his brilliant smile illuminated the entire room.

Lan Wangji's eyes were tender. "All for you." he said graciously.

"Hmph, I drank all of it already". Wei Ying said sadly, folding his arms on the table and resting his head on them.

Wei Ying's pouty face was something that Lan Zhan had no defense against. Besides, he loved seeing Wei Ying like this so he rose gracefully and walked over to the compartment once more to retrieve 3 additional bottles of wine. He turned back to Wei Ying with a mischievous one-sided grin on his lips. At this rate, the all-powerful Wei Wuxian, the Yiling Patriarch, would be drunk in a matter of minutes and putty in Lan Zhan's hands.

"Hanguan-jun!!"  Wei Ying gasped. "You devil!" He batted his long dark lashes at Lan Zhan and gave him a sultry look. "Are you trying to get me drunk?" Wei Ying's eyes sparkled as he grabbed the jar handed to him. "OK, I'll let you get me drunk and take advantage of ME this time!"

For the next hour, the two drank and conversed, but Wei Ying still wasn't willing to talk about his time away. Lan Zhan was getting frustrated. He only had one more bottle of wine left. Wei Ying was definitely getting more drunk as the night wore on because he could hear his friend's words starting to slur. But Wei Ying's tolerance level was still quite impressive for someone of his size.

Lan Zhan brought the last bottle over and sat down opposite him. When he looked up, Wei Ying was gazing at him with puppy dog eyes and patting the cushion next to him.

"Hanguan-jun...please sit next to me this time?" He spoke in his whiny child voice like he did with his sister, Yanli, making Lan Wangji sigh and roll his eyes. However, there was no resisting him when he acted like this so Lan Zhan stood and repositioned himself next to Wei YIng.

"Lan Er-gege, drink with me. To WangXian!" Wei Ying held his cup up and Lan Zhan raised his cup of tea in return before throwing it back his throat.

Lan Wangji's eyes widened. He stared in disbelief at Wei Ying, who started laughing hysterically. The wine burned as it crawled down his throat and he knew he had been tricked.

"WEI WUXIAN!!"

"Lan Zhan, Lan Zhan! I can't believe you fell for the oldest trick around!"

"You...!!"

Lan Zhan's golden eyes were already starting to blur before he could say anything else and, in a matter of seconds, he was fast asleep against Wei Ying's shoulder.

I'm literally writing those last few lines with a guilty grin on my face!  Wei Ying is so smart and perfect and Lan Zhan's innocence is so endearing to me.  I know I'm like a lot of you and just can't get these two out my head which is why I had to write my own story.  I'm hoping I can let go at least a little and move onto other series and get back to a normal sleep pattern but, in the end, I know I'll never get them out of my heart or mind.  Am I right ?!

Stay tuned for the next chapter!  Please vote or leave a comment if you liked anything you read!  Thanks again!