Chapter Eleven: Justice For All

Start from the beginning

Russell looked up at the sound of a roaring engine. "Good God!"

A mass of black and orange came flying up, over the fence. It landed with a sideways skid a few feet away from Russell.

It was an orange, 1969 Dodge Charger. It had a black and white trimmed 01 on doors welded shut. The name 'General Lee' above both windows and a Dixie flag on top. The headlights shone brightly and one Crazy Cooter was behind the wheel.

Russell's eyes widened in fear and he took off running for the hills. Daisy and Enos came running out of the trees and through the gate.

"Find Bo, Luke, and that Clayton fella, they can't be too far off," Jesse ordered.

"Not far at all, actually," Clayton chimed in.

He was sitting in the passenger seat of the Trans Am, holding a gun to Luke's head, who was in the driver seat.

Meanwhile, Daisy found that Enos had snuck off and that nobody but her had noticed.

Inside the Trans Am, Clayton pointed his gun into the backseat where Bo was sitting.

"Drive," Clayton ordered.

"I can't I-I'll hit 'em!" Luke argued.

"Exactly."

"I ain't gonna kill half my family!"

"Do it, or he dies." Clayton cocked the lever back on his gun.

"Don't do it, Luke. Hazzard County could use a little less of Bo Duke anyway," Bo said with fake confidence in his voice.

"Now don't talk like that!" Luke exclaimed.

"I... AM NOT... GOING... TO PRISON!" Clayton screamed.

"Think again," Enos growled.

He was standing at the side of the car, gun pointed at the back of Clayton's head.

"Now, turn around and gimme your gun," Enos said authoritatively.

Clayton smiled. "With pleasure."

He whirled around and fired a shot at Enos. Blood flew from the deputy's side as the bullet's impact caused him to trip. He fell onto his back and didn't get back up.

Bo and Luke quickly got out of the car and ran in the other direction. Clayton fired a shot their way but ended up missing both of them. He then ducked into the shadows and no one saw him after that.

Daisy ran to Enos and held his bleeding body in her arms.

"Daisy?" Enos whispered weakly.

"It's gonna be alright Enos, it's gonna be alright," she said reassuringly.

She cupped the deputy's face in her hand. Enos brought a shaking hand up to meet hers.

"I... I love you, Daisy," he whispered in a shaky voice.

He took one last glance up at her. Her beautiful face was streaked with tears. Enos smiled up at her.

"Enos!" Daisy sobbed.

That was the last thing Enos Strate heard before losing consciousness in the arms of the girl he'd loved his whole life.

Bo and Luke ran behind the barn and took cover against the wall. A twig snapped in the darkness behind them and a large figure appeared.

"Looks like I'll just have to finish you two off myself," Russell said.

Bo and Luke jumped away from him fearfully. It was then that their vision began to blur and they grew dizzy. Luke grabbed the side of the barn to steady himself and they both suddenly felt a sharp pain in their stomachs.

"Never mind, looks like all I have to do is sit back and watch," Russell sneered.

"What'd you do to us?" Bo asked in agony.

"Well, remember that moonshine you drank?" Russell asked.

"Yeah, what about it?"

Russel laughed. "You two were given a little somethin' extra."

"Luke, what's he goin' on about?" Bo asked.

"He drugged us. Russell, what's gonna happen?" Luke asked.

"I ain't sure. But don't worry, the good news is, if you don't die, you won't remember a thing," Russell explained enthusiastically.

Bo doubled over and collapsed onto the ground. "Whatever happened to quick and painless?"

"Eh, quick and painless is terribly overrated if you ask me. I like doin' things slow, y' know, takin' my sweet time."

Luke fell over as well. "You... don't say."

Russell disappeared back into the shadows.

"L-Luke, e-everythin' hurts," Bo choked out.

Luke looked to his cousin, his vision beginning to blacken. Tears rolled down Bo's face. A yellowish-white foam crept from his mouth. As his eyes began to roll back in his head, Luke reached out, grabbing his arm. He shook him back awake. Bo's body writhed in pain.

"Don't give up, keep fightin'. We'll get out of here, just stay with me," Luke urged him.

Bo didn't reply and fell limp. His eyes closed and he felt the pain in his stomach slowly numb away. He started to feel relaxed. Soon, the same thing happened to Luke. And then, just like that, it was over.