Prologue

The Tale Of Tragedy

"You okay?"

A chuckle left her lips. It was the third time she was being asked this repeatedly in a row. She had already suffered enough to let alone speak out the myriad of emotions running through her veins at this moment. She hated herself. She hated every right action she did to be true to herself. And now it had landed her in chaos. The chaotic situation where she had to get landed into the world of flesh trade. Even the name itself gave her a shuddering thought. She didn't know what came to her when she had seen Melissa using drugs in her husband's cabin. She loathed on her when she tried to steal money from his wallet only to be caught by her. And the very next day Osama had fired her from the assistant's position. And hence the revenge had started.

Melissa had circulated her pic to one of the most dangerous and highly paid brothels which she was going to be a part of now. Sitting in the truck that led them to the other side of the dark world, she reminisced the last time she had encountered Melissa. The Mall. Adeela had been cranky to get new toys and with the ongoing fourth-month pregnancy she had found it difficult to run when she was being chased by two robbers. They had planned to puncture her car tire which resulted in, her to grab a taxi and instead, it had led to many consequences later on. She had to leave sleeping Adeela amidst the secluded roadside and ran as far as she could. She had known if her daughter was with her then she would also get involved in a crisis. And that was her solely decision she had taken absolutely correctly.

True to her words the robbers were indeed chasing her. When she finally could not find any strength within her she halted to catch her breath and the next thing she remembered was waking up inside this truck. It has been a few days since she got abducted and only anticipated that her daughter was in safe hands of somebody who could take her to her family, to her daddy who loved her immensely. But now she could only hope. That was it.

"You know I have been travelling ever since I was 16 and the place we get to is nothing but hell in short," The same prostitute spoke again making her return to earth. To reality.

"You are already expecting, they wouldn't even think twice to get it out of you, because they chose you to become someone like me, like us," She gestured towards the other girls and women that sat in complete disdain. Worry laced faces and horrified forms.

"I know Noorie, but I am left with no choice, the one I thought I would help  later turned out to be who used me and sent my picture to these animals. Now I don't even see a running option out of it," She exhaled for the first time that had been caught in her throat which got Noorie's attention.

"I have an idea," She looked at her side to find Noorie who had a determined look on her face.

"The moment we are stopped and the shutter opens I will somehow ask other girls to distract and to create tussle and by the time we both will spin around and run the opposite direction. I know it's quite tough for you at this period but that's only the thing, we have left with," Hareem had gotten a brink of hope she would try for her daughter she left stranded on the roadside, for her husband who would be waiting for her to return and for the new life developing in her inside the womb.

                               ~|∆|~

Ahh, these cramps, I think I am going to lose the baby.

Noorie Run.

I will survive and escape.

You have to find out the whereabouts of my daughter and take her to my family.

They will catch me, no matter but you got to flee from here before they take hold of both of us.

It's better this way.

Otherwise, he will drag my daughter too into this hell.

Please tell Rounaq, my younger sister to take care of my daughter.

Allah will guide you, He is the Sustainer of all of us.

In Sha Allah, I will meet my husband in Jannah.

I love you Abbu.

"Miss Noorie," She looked up to the NGO worker who was keenly observing Noorie's lost expression.

"Yeah," She ran out of words hence the abandoned expression was a mere click to the ones around her.

"I have called the STO to look more into this matter although the one whom you wanted to save from getting trafficked is now no more," Noorie's eyes glistened with the knowing tears. She knew how hard it must have been for the family to hear such nerve-wracking news but she wanted to help her in escaping, to say the least. Noorie had witnessed these scenes who tried to escape but to no avail. And thus they got buried six feet deep.

When both of them successfully started escaping Hareem had fallen down with the sudden cramps. Noorie tried holding her running as fast as she could along with her. But the sounds of those animals who were disguised as humans were nearing them as the clock ticked vigorously. Hareem had given her a few hints here and there of her daughter and her younger sister Rounaq. Noorie did not wait for long and got lost into the streets trying to escape from those monsters. She bowed her head and sobbed infinitely as she breathed into the fresh air after what it felt like a decade.

She internally thanked Allah, the Al-Malik who helped her finally to get out of that hellhole which was serving nothing but a cage for her. But, this wasn't something she wanted to occur. It's been a month Noorie had escaped from that truck. The Truck. It seemed so familiar yet yucky to even sweep it out from her tongue. A common automobile which hid the cruel reality of young girls and women who have ripped off their dignity and crushed them under their feet. Animal-like creatures disguised as humans sold them off for a few pence and forced them into prostitution just for their entertainment.

How ironic it is, they had to lose dignity in order to feed their empty stomachs and run their horrific brothels even though their desires were never satisfied. Hareem, who she had barely got to know even though her arrival was long back known when the rumours started to spread about a young woman being sold to a higher authority. Unknown to both of them it was destined for Noorie to escape in place of Hareem.

"Good Evening, Miss Karen," a deep voice broke the silence and it was when Noorie was out of her remorseful thoughts.

"Mr Hashim, Good Evening please make yourself seated," Miss Karen replied quiescently.

And that's how Noorie narrated the Tale of Tragedy.

                                ~|∆|~

As salamualaikum guys, back again with the story but this time the plot has flipped a 360° turn.

Yeah, I know I've taken 4-5 months to restart but that's the comfort of getting new things in place. Right?

As of now, I have completed a few chapters but I would like to update the first one only and when I get 10 votes for this prologue.

Pls, guys appreciate a little just by clicking the star option. It would mean a lot to me. One, Two, Three gooo...

How did you feel the prologue went? And what actually happened with Hareem?

Will Noorie be able to find her daughter's whereabouts?

Wait until next update.

Q: What is your most favourite picture of Sahad's wedding?

Comment down below. I would love to hear from you guys.

Till then,

Allah Hafiz.