hugs

You threw your phone down beside you and felt a rush of excitement when you heard the door close behind Sofia. Your smile was bright but it faded fast when you noticed her frown.

"Sofia? Is everything okay?"

She shrugged her shoulders in response. But you didn't need her to say it, because you could tell already.

Without another word, you walked over to her and pulled her into your arms. You hugged her close and let your cheek fall to her shoulder. She was tense but she started to relax into your touch.

Resting her chin on your shoulder, she sniffled and inhaled shakily. The tears stung her eyes but they never fell. Your hand brushed along her back, fingertips running along her spine.

"Have a bad day?"

She shook her head.

"No. Just tired." She explained.

"I know." You whispered in return.

You can't imagine how tired she must be after being so busy over the last few weeks. You know she loves what she does and wouldn't change it for the world. But that doesn't mean that the stress and the lack of sleep aren't starting to catch up to her and is even possibly overwhelming at times.

Thankfully though, that's what you were there for.

And you reminded her of that as you held her close.

"I love you. I'm really proud of you." You reminded her again. You tell her that every chance you get and you know it makes her happy to hear it. "I know you're tired. You work hard. Please don't forget to rest when you can." You pleaded and felt her hand move to your hip to give it a squeeze; a silent promise that she would. "And know that when things are overwhelming you, you've always got me, and I've always got you."

She lifted her head and rested her forehead on yours. Pecking your lips, she looked into your eyes. She looked sleepy and though it was early in the evening, you knew she needed time to rest. She wouldn't give in too easily, though. She likes coming home and spending time with you.

"C'mon." You smiled softly as you took her hand. "Let's watch a movie and relax together. Sound good?"

You fell onto the couch and she laid her head on your lap. She nodded her head as a rush of happiness came over her upon feeling you kiss her temple and play with her hair. "Sounds absolutely perfect, my love."