52. right person wrong time // finale

*4 months later*

well. it's been four months since y/n left and i haven't heard anything from her or anyone. oh my gosh, i totally forgot about hope. maybe i can go to her house and get some info from her..

i walked to her house and knocked on the door. hopes mom answered and i was scared but i didn't act like it.

"hi uh.. is hope there?" i asked.

"who the fuck are you?" she asked and put her hand over her head on the door frame.

"i'm finn.. hope and i used to be friends, i think. anyways can you ask her to come out if she's here please?"

"HOPEEEE!" she yelled, when she yelled it actually scared me and i flinched a little.

"what!" i saw hope walking down the stairs since the stairs were right in front of the door basically. she.. didn't even look like her. she looked like a completely different person. her hair was black, she had a black nose ring in, and her whole outfit was black. but it looked really good. i saw her face get a confused look on it. "finn?!" she gasped. i waved to her as she came outside.

"wow. i never thought i'd see you again." she said.

"yeah.. me either." i looked past her to see her mom watching us still by the door.

"mom! please?!" hope yelled and her mom rolled her eyes then slammed the door.

"here let's sit." she said, so we sat in the grass.

"you look great hope." i told her while looking her up and down.

"you too finn." she said with a smile. it was awkward at first because i didn't really know how to start the conversation, but i just went for it.

"um.." i started. "have you heard from y/n?"

she looked away and hit her lip but not in a sexual way, in a sorrow way. "what?" i asked.

"no." was all she said. i was confused but all i said was "oh."

"well then i guess i'll be going. bye hope." i said as i stood up from the grass. i looked behind me to see hope start crying. "why are you crying?" i asked.

"she's gone." was all she said.

"what?" i walked back over to her and she started sobbing. "hope what do you mean?" i shook her shoulder a little.

"she moved away, you didn't know?" she said. i let out a sigh of relief.

"fuck you." i lightly hit her shoulder and started to walk away.

"finn? what?" she yelled. "i already knew that." i said.

it looks like this is actually the end, and for good. i don't think i'll ever see her again. all i know is she was the right person for me, but the wrong time. i will always love you y/n.

-7 years later-

it's been 7 years. i'm 24. things have changed. i got my bipolar depression under control, i got married to the most beautiful woman in the world and i have a son. he'll be 3 this year.

my dad passed away from lung cancer, my brother moved away with his family and my mom is doing good living with her new boyfriend.

i was sitting on the bench while elijah (my son,) was playing at the park when i got an instagram notification, i only get notifications from mutuals so it had to of been one of my friends. i looked at the username and it wasn't one i recognized.

*instagram dm*
hi finn 🤍
hello
do you remember me?
i don't think so?
it's y/n
holy shit.... y/n..?
yeah.. just wanted to say hi
how are you??
i'm good! i'm doing better! you?
me as well
great! i looked at your instagram,
it looks like you are married?
yeah i am.. and i have
a son, Elijah
aww i'm glad to hear that!
i'm also married and expecting :)
that's great to hear
yeah! i just wanted to text
you to see how you were..
i'm glad you're doing good
finn.
you too y/n, thank you
for reaching out. it's
been hard always
wondering if you're okay
yep i'm okay. i wanted
to say that i'm sorry
our lives didn't turn
out as planned. i
wish you the best of luck
and i'll always love you finn
i'm sorry too. but it's better this way. you too y/n. i have to go now, i think it's best if we just block eachother. i'm sorry

the end 💙
A/N: i hope you all enjoyed this story and sadly this is the end. it's been a long time writing this and i got really bored and wasn't sure what to do so this is gonna be it. thank you for reading, i love u all <33