"The fees are expensive.. I've working for almost 4 months with double jobs but never get to pay the fees.. how could you—" before Chaeyeon ended her words, Daeyeol cut her words.

"Now, you don't have to work a lot. Just work at one job and rest a lot.." Daeyeol said.

"Daeyeol.." Chaeyeon said. Daeyeol held Chaeyeon's hand.

"Rest a lot. Just work less and study more. Your hands are becoming rough because you did a lot of works. A woman's hand should be soft, not this rough" Daeyeol said.

"I'll pay you back when I have enough money. Give me some time" Chaeyeon said.

"No no. You don't have to pay me.." Daeyeol said.

"No. You have worked hard for me a lot.." Chaeyeon said.

"No, it's okay. You don't have to pay back my money" Daeyeol said.

"So how can I pay you back?" Chaeyeon asked.

"Chaeyeon.. will you.. marry me?" Daeyeol asked.

*   *   *

Sungyoon as usual sent Joochan to school. He didn't talk to Joochan even once as usual. Joochan used to it and able to bear it. Joochan just looked at the car's window and humming.

"What makes you really happy today?" Sungyoon who heard Joochan's humming asked him. Joochan smiled.

"Nothing" Joochan said.

"Have you get your results?" Sungyoon asked.

"Not yet" Joochan said. Sungyoon nodded.

* * *

"Oppa I need to go to a company trip again.." Haru said in the car. Sungyoon and Joochan heard it.

"How long?" Sungyoon asked.

"9 days" Haru said. Sungyoon didn't reply anything yet just a small sigh.

*   *   *

The day happened as usual. As Joochan has aware about Sungyoon's mood, the environment became really peaceful without Sungyoon's anger. Because of Joochan's awareness about his feeling, he started to think that Joochan was not bad as what he thought. During Haru's busy days, Sungyoon was likely to feel sick almost everytime. Sungyoon's immunity at that time was not really strong as usual. Maybe due to his busyness so he had no time for himself. Sungyoon felt overwhelmed when sometimes he saw Haru was busy but at the same time, she has to do her chores as a wife. He admitted that Haru looked very tired but Joochan was really bright. He helped Haru in many ways. Joochan now knew how to do laundry, to wash the dishes, to sweep the floor at the garage. He helped Haru a lot.

Haru needed to go to work during weekend because the day she would go for a company trip was closer. Haru came out to work really early. Joochan who just woke up went to the kitchen and saw Haru was in rush.

"Where are you going, omma?" Joochan asked.

"Aww darling, I need to go to work. I forgot to tell you" Haru who was shocked to see Joochan replied him. Haru pinched Joochan's cheek.

"When will you return?" Joochan asked.

"Maybe a bit late than usual.." Haru replied.

"Will you be okay?" Haru asked Joochan.

"Yes, I will" Joochan replied. Haru kissed on Joochan's forehead.

"You are stink. Have you washed your face?" Haru asked Joochan.

"Hihihi, not yet" Joochan giggled. Haru pouted.

"No wonder why I smell a stink scent. It seems like come from a boy named Choi Joochan" Haru said.

"I am Hong Joochan.." Joochan said.

"Why? You don't like your new surname?" Haru asked.

"That is not what I mean. Ahjussi will be mad if he heard it" Joochan said.

"No, I will never let him be. You are a part of this family.." Haru said.

"Ahjussi never treat me as his son. I don't deserve it. I am an outsider" Joochan said.

"If he won't let you to be in this family, then I won't let him to be a part of me" Haru said. Joochan shocked to hear Haru's word.

"Omma.." Joochan was stunned to hear that.

"Do you ever heard about what people said? 'A mom will choose her kids rather than her spouse, because a mom will do anything for her kids. A mom will do anything to save her kids'.." Haru said. Hearing those words, made Joochan's eyes filled with tears.

"Aigoo, why are you crying? Am I saying wrong?" Haru said.

"But.. my real mom....... left me.... how could she leave me if kids were her everything?" Joochan said. Haru was silent. She made a mistake.

"Joochan...." Haru said.

"At some point, I hate my real mom... because she was the reason of this. If she didn't do this at the first place, I will.... never..... abandon.." Joochan's tears fell down.

"Joochan..." Haru hugged Joochan.

"No matter how bad your real mom is.... never hate her. She is the reason why you are here in this world..." Haru tried to control the atmosphere.

"If she killed me when I was born, I will never face this cruel world..." Joochan said. As a kid who didn't know what he was saying, he just said out loud his true feeling. Haru could understand his sorrow. Joochan who was seen as a happy boy, a strong and diligent was actually held much sorrow and regret in his heart.

"I am sorry, for making you cry" Haru hugged him really tight. Haru was indeed crying in silence while hugging Joochan.

"Joochan, I knew I am not your real mom. I knew I was not the one who gave birth to you. I knew you couldn't accept me as your mom with your full heart.. but I just want you to know. I love you more than anything. I love you as my biological child. You are a part of my life..." Haru said. She released her hug. Haru looked deep into Joochan's iris. She held Joochan's hands.

"I promise you.. I will make you happy. I will make Sungyoon to accept you as his own family. I promise you that and I will never give up. Mark my words.." Haru said. She wiped Joochan's tears.

"Omma.. I am sorry for saying those words.." Joochan said.

"A kid like you shall figure more about the world. Not feeling regret and sorrow. You don't have to feel bad nor saying sorry.." Haru said.

"All of your words are true.. but I hope you don't keep grudges or hates towards your mom. I also feel sad about her action to leave you but... without her... I will never meet you, my baby prince" Haru said. Joochan hugged Haru.

"Aigoo, let's move to another topic. Is my baby hungry?" Haru asked while looking at Joochan. Joochan nodded.

"Let's take your breakfast.." Haru said.

"It's okay. You are in rush, right? I want to take a bath first" Joochan said.

"Okay, baby. Make sure you take your breakfast. Don't skip your meal." Haru said. Joochan nodded.

-To Be Continued-
✔️vote
✔️comment
✔️share

A/N :
Hello there! Thank you for 6K readers! Woohoo! I am so happy yet grateful. I can't believe I could get this huge amount for me hiks.

I am sorry because I really really really rarely update. I am busy right now. With online classes, sleep late at 4 a.m. and woke up at 6 a.m. everyday, a bunch of assignments and examinations. Urgh, my brain felt soooooo packed and full. Btw how you guys doing? I hope you're fine.

Please have a bless day everyday and rest a lot! Especially if your countries are still battling with COVID-19! Take care! I don't know what to say anymore. Have a good day!