Chapter 6: Dreams & Disasters

Chapter 6

Dreams & Disasters

The next morning i woke up lying on the bed next to Ross. He had his arms wrapped tightly around me and i had my arm over his body. Ross had his head pushed into my chest and he was snoring softly.

Just then i heard soft footsteps and i turned slightly to see riker standing in the doorway. He smiled and mouthed, "Did you sleep well?"

I blushed, but nodded. Riker looked at Ross critically, who was still shirtless and had his head pressed into my chest, then mouthed, "You hungry?"

I shook my head and riker smiled at me and left. Ross woke up a couple of minutes later. His eyes slowly slid open, and he sat there staring at my chest for a minute. Then he seemed to remember that i had spent the night, and he looked up at me , a tinge of pink creeping into his cheeks. I smiled and he whispered, "Did you sleep well..."

"Yep!" i replied. In fact, it had been the best night ever. I felt more rested than i ever had, and plus, i had gotten to sleep with Ross.

He smiled and said, "I woke up at like 5, then went back to sleep... But mom was watching us from the doorway." i gasped and he chuckled. "Chill, jord. She looked happy... Told you my family trusted me." he pulled a strand of my messy hair out of my face and placed it behind my ear. "I would give you a good morning kiss, but I've been told that i have horrible morning breath, so I'm gonna go brush my teeth and then..." he trailed off and hopped away to brush his teeth.

I sat in his bed until he came back, then i got up. he said, "Good morning my love." his mouth was so close to my ear that i could feel his warm breath. He leaned in and gave me a big kiss. It was a long, long kiss. Shivers ran up and down my spine and my stomach fluttered. I felt Ross's heartbeat quickened, and then it was over. I opened my eyes just in time to see Rocky whisk away from the doorway.

After breakfast, Rydel lent me some of her clothes (a black tutu with a patterned gray tank top) and Ross and i started driving to where "the rest of my family" lived.

"Did i mention, the family we're going to meet is Carly's family?" i asked casually.

"I kind of suspected," Ross smiled but kept his eyes on the road. He had one hand on the steering wheel, and the other on my hand. "Are you guys like, cousins or something?"

"No... We say that we 'adopted' each other. We're not related By blood."

"Wait.. Then...," Ross paused uncomfortably. "What about..."

"My dad?" i guessed.

"Um... Yeah...,"

"He's kind of... How should i put it? He's really overprotective of me... But it's not like i ever see him. My parents got divorced when i was ten... I've only seen him like, four times since then, but whenever he visits he acts like... Like he owns me, i guess." i shrugged.

"How?" Ross's sweet face creased into a frown.

"Well, for example, he said that i was never allowed to have a boyfriend..." i stopped.

Ross looked at me. "Why?" he said, obviously hurt.

"He said... They would just cause me pain..." a tear rolled down my face. "One time, there was a school dance. Of course, my dad had to be visiting at that time. Someone had actually asked me, i had been expecting no one would ask me, but when he came to pick me up, my dad..." i stopped again, shuddering at the memory.

"What?" Ross asked softly.

"He... Threw a chair at him and told him to never touch me. That boy still has a scar..."