CHAPTER:19 || Never Can Say Goodbye

Start from the beginning

It was a halter neck, sleeveless white top, which she had tucked inside of her high waisted denim pants

It was a halter neck, sleeveless white top, which she had tucked inside of her high waisted denim pants. She had done her long, curly black hair in a high pony tail and had put on white sneakers with them that Michael had bought.

She did a light touch of natural make up on her face and when she felt satisfied with herself, she made her way outside to the kitchen and started preparing breakfast.

The whole conversation that she's had with Zach has been buzzing inside of her head again and again and after how vulnerable she saw Michael yesterday, she didn't just want to leave his side even for one moment. No matter what, she couldn't deny the fact that she was unable to see him in pain or in distress. Whenever he's in pain all she wanted to do was to take his pain away immediately. And it's because she cared for him. That's the only reason. That had to be the only reason.

In her swirling thoughts, she didn't realize when she was done making breakfast but when she came back to reality, she was immediately filled with confusion because Michael wasn't there.

He never sleeps till this late. She thought as she frowned. And after quickly setting the table, she immediately made her way to Michael's room. "Michael?" She called him as she knocked the door but there wasn't any response. She knocked again but her frown grew deeper as she got filled with worries when he didn't reply for a few minutes. "Is he sleeping or what?" She mumbled and then reluctantly pushed open the doors of his room just to see him lying on his bed in a curled up ball as he was holding his head in his hands.

"Michael?!" She quickly made her way towards him and as she neared him she noticed he was asleep. She let out a low breath as she kept frowning in worries and confusion and then gently held his shoulder to push him gently so he'd lie on his back, comfortably. But instantly her heart shattered when she saw his puffy eyes and his long lashes damp with tears and his breathing shallow and ragged. He cried himself to sleep? But why? What happened? These thoughts were quick to plague her brain and although she was filled with utmost confusion and pain, she pulled the sheets upon his sleeping self as she set the pillow under his head to make him comfortable.

When she tucked him properly and was about to leave, she heard his faint but still audible sniffles that were a result of his hours of crying. Her heart pained immensely and she kicked off her sneakers and gently hopped on the bed, lifted up the sheets, slipped under them with him and got settled right beside him in a half lying position.

As his sleeping self let out another quiet sob, she leaned down towards him as she placed her hand on his face very gently. "I'm right here. Calm down." She very softly whispered as she gingerly stroked his hair and caressed his face. "I'm here with you." Kiara whispered softly, caressing his beautiful face. As she kept admiring him, she felt her heart becoming heavy and she leaned down. Her heart pulsated as she closed her eyes. She swallowed weakly as her face hovered just above his, so close they were almost touching.

"You'll be fine," She whispered again almost inaudibly and as if compelled, she placed a ginger kiss on his temple. "I'll make you fine," She whispered again and kissed his eyebrow softly. "I promise I'll make you fine." Her words came out almost inaudibly, as she placed the softest of kiss on his cheek. She then pulled away from the soft kiss, and slowly her eyes got closed as her face hovered just above his. She swallowed, taking in his intoxicating scent and immediately sparks erupted all over her.