CHAPTER:19 || Never Can Say Goodbye

He kept running in the endless hallway with no one around. The lights were dim, just enough so he was able to see. His footsteps were the only thing echoing in the deadly silence. He was panting, his entire body was covered in sweat, and his heart was ringing in his ears.

But then a smile touched his lips when he saw his mother and he quickly ran towards her.

"Stop!" Katherine Jackson said with a blank face. "You are not my son! You are sick! You're a liar!" She hissed, he felt tears welling up in his eyes at her harsh words and then she turned away and before he could've reached her, she vanished into the darkness.

"Mother no! Please don't leave me! Please!" He pleaded as he sobbed, tears falling from his huge brown eyes as pain filled his heart

"Michael?" He heard a familiar voice calling his name and he immediately turned around to look.

"Kia," He whispered as he smiled through his tears and started to walk towards her, she stepped back. He frowned, stopping in his tracks as he swallowed hard.

"What are you doing here? This isn't your world. You lied to me!" She said looking at him accusingly.

"I don't know how I'm here, Kia. I really don't know. But I never lied to you. I promise I didn't." He cried as tears rolled down his cheeks.

Kiara shook her head as she looked at him with utter bitterness. "Go away, Michael! You lied to me! I hate you!" She said and then started to walk away.

Michael shook his head vigorously as he got filled with fear, his heart breaking like never before as his eyes welled up again. "No! Kia, no, don't say that! Please come back! Kia, don't leave me alone!" He yelled in the darkness as he was left all alone.

With a loud gasp his eyes snapped open and he immediately sat in his bed, looking around the very dimly lit bedroom of his Las Vegas mansion. He swallowed hard as he lifted his trembling hands and raked his sweat drenched curls as his heated, trembling body was completely covered in sweat.

His breathing then increasingly became shallower because of the strong impact of the nightmare he just had. And as his distorted emotions kept soaring, his shallow breathing morphed into weak sobs and he finally felt a pair of hot drops rolling down his cold, sweat covered face.

He was terrified at the thought of being left misunderstood and all alone, especially in this weird, completely different dimension that he had found himself into.

His heart was already into uncountable pieces because his family didn't believe him, they thought he was mentally sick and had created such scenarios of a parallel life in his head. Even his mother, the only person he loved and trusted more than anyone, whom he could rely upon didn't believe him and thought he was sick. No matter what, he was completely shattered and broken from within, and he was extremely scared and completely lonely, till the extent that even his sleep was now plagued by horrendous nightmares. Even in his sleep he wasn't at peace.

He covered his ears with his hands as he squeezed his eyes because of the emotional and psychological pain that he was enduring and lied back on his bed, curling his body in fetal position as he sobbed quietly. "I'm not sick. I'm not sick. I'm not sick." He kept mumbling in a shaky whisper as silent tears kept falling out of his eyes until his exhausted brain again drifted to the land of oblivion.

Kiara stirred as she stretched her body in the plush bed of the luxurious bedroom of Michael's mansion she was living in since five days now. It was the morning of her sixth day with Michael and a smile crept over her lips just at the thought of him.

She then let out a huge breath and tore herself from the bed and headed towards the bathroom to freshen up. After washing her mouth and taking a quick hot shower, she slipped into another cute outfit that Michael had bought for her.