Chapter 10. Written In The Stars

Start from the beginning

Then they all went inside and Barry and Oliver had switched back into ordinary clothes. "So this is becoming an annual thing huh?" Kara asked and Barry made a grimacing face.
  "Oh god I hope not." he said while they walked up to Oliver.
  "Is that a? Are you smiling?" Kara asked and both her and Barry chuckled.
  "I kinda like you guys, don't tell anyone." he said with a smirk.
  "Anyone feeling another group hug?" Barry asked and Oliver started shaking his head.
  "No. Twice you guys has made me hug you." he said and they both made sad pouty faces before they chuckled again. Oliver threw a glance at them and couldn't help but hug them anyway. All three of them were laughing.
  "Anyway, I need to find my team and go back to my Earth." Kara said when they eased the embrace. Cisco entered the room and opened a breach just in time. Alex, J'onn, Brainy, Clark and Lois passed through it.
  "Peace out from your favorite kryptonian." Kara said while backing through the breach. Once it closed behind them Oliver led Barry aside.
  "Hey, Barry, should we go somewhere private and grab a beer while we talk this out?" Oliver asked and his cheeks turned red. Am I asking him out? But why am I feeling so nervous and flustered when I've been married to him and all.
  "Are you asking me out?" Barry asked with a chuckle. Oliver chuckled nervously too.
"Only if you want me to..." he said with a lowered voice.
  "I mean you're Oliver Queen, you're a billionaire by day who saves the city by night." Barry said and blushed as he repeated words he once told Felicity early on after he first met them. "Who wouldn't want to go on a date with you?" he added while he avoided Oliver's deep blue eyes. The archer chuckled softly again and took Barry's hand and then Barry ran them to their usual bar.
  After ordering two beers again, considering they never got to finish their drinks at the rock bar, Barry turned to Oliver. "Will you miss it?" he asked flirtatiously. Oliver looked at him in confusion.
  "Miss what?" he wondered and Barry bumped his leg against his.
  "Being married to me." Barry said and he felt his cheeks turning red again.
  Oliver was a bit startled by Barry's question. Of course I'll miss it, it's you. "Maybe..." he said teasingly. "But now you're back to being Iris problem not mine." he continued teasingly and Barry pretended to be offended. Then he took another sip of his beer before he turned towards Oliver again, with a more serious tone.
  "I guess I should thank you for something." he said and Oliver gave him another odd look. "The Monitor. You talked to him didn't you? You made the deal, got him to change our destinies somehow." Barry said and he feared the answer. Oliver just nodded which only clarified Barry's fear. I'm gonna lose him.
  "No, actually you and Kara changed your destinies by being the heroes you always have been." Oliver said because he had noticed the look of fear in Barry's eyes when he nodded.
  The speedster turned around and took another sip of his beer. Oliver looked at him and once again felt the feeling that his whole world was falling into place. "Hey, I've been married to you. I've lived with you. I've felt it. You're a good man." he said and lowered his voice while he turned around on his chair too.
  "So are you, even if you don't want people to believe it." Barry said and threw a quick glance at Oliver who looked into thin air.
  "I'm not as good as you think I am. But because of you I think I'll get there some day." he said quietly.
  Barry felt a warmth spread through him because of Oliver's genuine words and he started leaning in to kiss him but the archer suddenly pulled back.
  "I don't think it's such a good idea. You're married, Barry." he said with a sigh.
  Barry blinked in confusion. Did he really leave Felicity because of me? "And you're not?" he asked.
  Oliver laughed nervously while his head started spinning. No I divorced Felicity cause I want to spend the rest of MY life with you, not her. "Felicity and I signed our divorce papers this morning... after you know the visions we saw." he revealed without looking at Barry.
  Barry's jaw dropped. He really did leave her because of me. Wow now I feel really guilty for not leaving Iris. But I could never divorce her, even if I want to be with Ollie. After a few seconds of silence Barry grabbed Oliver and ran him up on the roof of the bar.
  Oliver looked around in confusion. "Why did you bring me up here?" he asked and Barry reached for his hands.
  "I know you made the deal, Ollie, I know that you traded your life for me and Kara." Barry said and struggled with keeping the tears inside. Oliver sighed deeply.
  Barry sighed and squeezed Oliver's hands, he could feel the tears welling up in his eyes. "But I know it's bigger than me, or Kara, or us. It's about the universe. But if you're going to die then I don't want to waste one more second of my life without you." his voice started shaking.
  Oliver's mouth dropped slightly wide open. "Wh- what about Iris?" he asked and reached out to wipe a tear away from Barry's cheek. I could never force him to leave the woman he loves for me. I love him too much.
  "She's fine with it." Barry said and Oliver raised an eyebrow in confusion.
  "Your wife is fine with us?" even uttering those words made it all the more surreal.
  Barry nodded and then he chuckled. "I know that sounds crazy. But after we saw those visions I told her I just couldn't lose you and she was okay with me being with you..." until you die. He wasn't sure if he could ever utter those words.
  Oliver's lips twitched into a smile before he reached into his jacket pocket and picked up a tiny black box.
  Barry's eyes widened in surprise. If that's an engagement ring, my answer is yes.
  Oliver opened the box and revealed an emerald ring almost identical to the one from that other reality.
  Barry's jaw dropped. He is proposing. "Barry Allen, do you want to spend the rest of my life with me?" Oliver asked and his voice started shaking while he got down on one knee. Barry's heart jumped in his chest and he covered his wide open mouth with his hands.
  Oliver started feeling a sense of worry that proposing wasn't the best choice, but then he looked down and noticed the ring was missing from the box. He blinked in confusion and then his attention was brought to Barry's hand.
  "Yes." he whispered. "Yes, I do. I totally do with every cell in my body." he continued while Oliver was rising to his feet again. He pressed his smiling lips against Barry's and they had to stop kissing because they couldn't stop smiling.
  "I love you." Oliver whispered against Barry's lips and the speedster instantly pressed his lips against Oliver's again.
  "I love you more." he sighed when their lips parted again.
  "Not possible." Oliver said and intertwined his fingers with Barry's hand to look at the ring. Cause I can't believe this is real.
  "You forget I am the impossible." Barry said with a big smile on his face and Oliver chuckled and gently brushed his lips against his fiancé's again.
  "Oh crap!" Oliver said once they stopped kissing again.
  Barry looked at him in confusion. Did I suddenly become a bad kisser or something?
  "I forgot to ask for permission to propose to you." Oliver clarified. Barry first chuckled but the thought wasn't that amusing since both his parents are dead.
  "Well, that's kinda hard to ask my parents isn't it?" he said and squeezed Oliver's hands. "And asking my father-in-law is probably even more dangerous than asking ghosts..." he continued and chuckled again. Oliver quietly laughed too.
  "I meant your wife actually." he clarified and Barry's smile faded.
  "Oh." he said.