Chapter 9. Against The Clock

{"That would be cute if it wasn't so disgusting." The voice startled both Barry and Iris and they turned towards the sound and noticed Clark standing there in a black Superman suit. "Nice to finally meet you The Flash, I'm John Deegan but everyone must call me Superman." he said while Barry and Iris exchanged a worried look.}

A few hours earlier

Kara woke up and found herself in something that looked like a prison cell. She noticed she was handcuffed and when she got to her feet she saw a shadow behind the glass. The figure stepped into the light.
  "Clark! Please you've got to help me." Kara said but the man she thought was her cousin just laughed mockingly.
  "I'm not your cousin dear. I'm far more powerful than he could've ever been. Because he was weak. This is my world now. And once I've lured your cousin to this earth, the only Superman they will ever know, will be me." Deegan said and closed the vail in metal while Kara screamed at him while she tried to shoot lasers at the glass but failed because her powers wasn't working because of the handcuffs.
  "No! Please don't do this!" but she was begging for nothing, because Deegan only walked away.
  Kara sighed and dropped down on the floor, that's when she noticed there had to be kryptonite in the handcuffs because she felt weaker by the second. She started crying and she didn't hear someone approaching the cell until whoever it was opened the vail again.
  "Alex." she said and got to her feet again. But she slowly realized this Alex had a cold face expression, long hair and seemed so far from her warm and loving sister as possible.
  "He said you're my sister. But I never had a sister." Alex words felt just like Kara imagined a bullet would feel if she wasn't bulletproof. "I grew up in a loving home where I got all the attention from my parents and didn't have to constantly be in your shadow." every word cut deeper than the last. Alex words hurt more than the kryptonite that was weakening her more by the second.
  "Alex, I know things look one way to you, that I look one way to you, but it's not real. So if you just let me explain." Kara said but Alex wasn't buying that.
  "You're clearly dangerous. And crazy." she said and then she pressed a button that sent a wave of pain through Kara's whole body and she fell to the floor.
  "Alex." she said and remembered a rhyme only Alex would know. Alex hesitated for a moment and Kara struggled up on her feet again.
  "How do you know that?" she asked.
  "Alex Danvers thought it to me. I told you I'm not from this earth. The Alex from my Earth spent the summer in Neganu with Jeremiah and Eliza when she was six and a girl from the village helped her sneak down and place a note in a crack in the wall hoping it would come true." Kara explained and Alex started warming up.
  "I was seven not six and the girl from the village thought me that rhyme." she said as she remembered the old memory. "..it means...pinky swear." They both said at the same time.
  "My Alex thought it to me the first night we snuck out to go flying." Kara said when Alex reacted on her knowing the rhyme too.
  "My Alex was always drawn to service." Kara said and noticed Alex softening further. "So it's not surprising that you care deeply, so deeply, about this world and all the people in it. But on my Earth? Alex doesn't just have a job. She's in charge of a place like this." Kara explained with emotions filling her heart while she tried to reach her sister in this other version.
  "She's in charge?" Alex asked with surprise.
  "She's a leader who is just and proud. When someone tells her to do something she knows is wrong, she gives them hell. And she does what's right. She doesn't have powers like I do, but she's a hero. And she has the biggest heart of anyone I know even though she doesn't always like to show it. And she has good friends. A real family of support that she's created for herself. And she doesn't hide who she is. She wants a wife. And kids. She's optimistic that she could have it all. It's not an "if". It's a "when"." Kara said and noticed how she was on the verge of finally getting through to her.
  "She sounds pretty awesome." Alex said with a soft smile.
  "She is." Kara replied before she continued. "And I know I'm not your sister on this planet. I guess my pod didn't land here, but... You're still that person. I can tell. I know it. Superman rewrote this reality to make us all his prisoners. I think you're smart enough to see through him."
  "If I were to let you out of that cell, you'd, what, stop him?" Alex asked with concern.
  "Pinky swear." Kara said and Alex unlocked the door and got Kara out of her handcuffs.