Chapter 4: A big mistake

Kats POV

Dom was sitting on the street, when I came out of the bar looking for him. He had his hands cover his face and was leaning to a brick wall.

I sit next to him, but he does not look up to me.

,,Are you okay?" ~ is the only thing, that he says.

,,I'm fine, nothing happened. You came early enough. I'm just worried about you" ~ I try to look at his face and see if he is crying, but I cannot see anything.

,,Don't worry about me. Go back to the others and have fun. I think I'm going home in a few minutes."

Now I remember why he is covering his face.

,,Dom, show me your face!" ~ I say in a harsh voice.

He slowly takes his hands out of his face and looks at me. He has a cut under his right eye and blood is running down his cheek.

,,Omg, dom...we have to take you to a doctor. You are bleeding." ~ I start to get really worried. He seems to notice it and puts a hand on my left cheek. He must feel how warm my face is. My heart starts beating way faster than normal.
Focus Kat! It's not about you right now. You have to help him and stay focused.

,,I'm fine. Don't worry. It is just a little cut." ~ he says with his hand still on my cheek.

,,Okay, fine. Than I will take you home and help you with that. I will not let you go home alone, no chance!" ~ I try to sound as serious as possible.

After a while he takes his hand off me and sighs.

,,Fine...Do what you want to do".

Half an hour later

Doms POV

We are arriving at my place, when she takes my keys out of my hand and opens the door.
We walk into the living room and I throw my jacket in the corner.

,,Sit down!" ~ Kat is trying to yell at me, but sounds kinda cute while doing it.

,,Okay, okay. But remember I have a little cut and I'm not dying." ~ but I follow her orders and sit down on my couch.
She leaves into the kitchen and I have some time to think about what happened the last two hours.
The night was a lot of fun. It was like we all were never apart from each other. After some time I saw Kat standing at the bar with another man. I noticed some weird feeling in my gut and after a while watching them I notice, that they are not flirting. He is assaulting her and grabbing her by the arm.
I immediately stand up and go help her. After that moment my memories are just a blurry mess. I remember, that we fought and I got a hit with a fist.
The next thing I remember is, that Kat is standing in front of me and looking me right into the eyes.

,,Hey! Earth to Mr. Sherwood! Are you there?" ~ Kat is sitting next to me and snapping with her fingers in front of my face. When did she come back?

,,Uh, sorry. I got carried away" ~ I respond, still a little confused.

,,Yeah, I noticed" ~ she presses a wet towel on my wound and sprays something in it afterwards. It starts to hurt a little, but it instantly wears off.

,,Better?" ~ she asks very gently. You can tell by her look, that she is worried.

,,Yeah, actually. Thank you" ~ I try to give her a smile, but that still hurts a little.

,,Thank me? I have to thank you! I don't know what he'd done to me, if you didn't show up"
I take her face into my hands and look at her bright green eyes. I can see the reflection of myself in them. The little wound on my cheek, but also that I'm not bleeding anymore.

,,I don't let anyone hurt you, Kat! Never, you hear me?"
She gives me a shy smile, but it looks so bright and beautiful to me.
I cannot control my own body anymore and before I can do anything against it I press my lips on hers.
I can feel her warm lips on mine, she tastes like a mixture of tea, fruits and the alcohol she had before.
I kissed her before on the set of shadowhunters, but that is different. It is just a little second, but it feels like a eternity and I realize, that I want more. I open my lips for another kiss, but she pushes me away.
She looks at me with a face I cannot read. Is she confused, disgusted or even angry at me?

,,We should not do this. I'm sorry!"

With that she leaves the room and a few seconds later I hear, that my front door is closed.

I sit there on my couch. Still having the taste of her lips on mine, but I know that I ruined everything between us.

a/n: I hope you guys liked this chapter! I was not sure about some language in this one. So please tell me if there is anything wrong!