𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐯.━━━ circling crows

Começar do início

"Wouldn't you like to know", she said sarcastically. He pulled the blade away slightly, she realized he never really wanted her hurt, but that didn't stop what happened next.

Kiara threw back her head and it smacked him hard in the face, hearing a small crack. She pulled out the blade and turned quickly to kick him where the sun never shines. He stumbled, and Isabelle and Jace both grasped his arms. Only stopping for split second, Kiara stared at Alec's bloody nose and temporary daze. Before she spun around and raced out of the VIP lounge. Surprisingly, not a lot of time has passed and she could see Clary halfway across the room.

"But... Clary!" Kiara heard Simon stutter, and then he saw her. "Kiara! Oh my God!  Is that blood? And... heck! Is that a real sword?!" he went on, pointing between her throat and the blade; she still gripped in her hands.

"Simon, I'm sorry but I really need to go. I'll explain later but right now I need to head back", Kiara said hurriedly, before running away. Yet she herself couldn't begin to understand what happened tonight.

"But... Ki!" he yelled. Kiara bumped against someone, an Asian man looked at her annoyed, before widening his eyes. The same image from last time formed in Kiara's mind, gold-green cat eyes and a blue mist pulsing with energy. Only, this time another vision came, a sad smile, with the same cat eyes filled with the kind of care, she had for Clary. She turned away after muttering "Sorry", and made it outside.

"Clary!" Kiara yelled and she turned, her green eyes were spiked with fear and confusion.

"Oh, Ki!" she cried out and pulled her into a hug. When they pulled apart she asked "What the hell happened, oh my God I think I killed someone!"

"Yeah I'm okay too,", Kiara said sarcastically, it pestered Kiara a bit that Clary forgot she was going through the same trauma. Biting her lip, she hailed a taxi and pulled Clary inside.

"Drive." She told the driver, not noticing that she and Clary were being watched.

"And then these creepy tentacles seemed to come out of the body builder's face, and... and then the guy just... vaporized", finished Clary. The whole time she was explaining what happened to Jocelyn, Kiara watched in silent horror. She didn't tell Clary or Jocelyn about her experience. Or about the blade, which magically shrunk until she only had the leather bound hilt, in which after closer inspection, was embedded with blue sapphires. Kiara fingered it, for a little comfort. It remained solid evidence that she didn't imagine the whole thing. Jocelyn eyed her adopted, and stared with wide eyes at the blade's hilt in her hands. She looked like she was putting two and two together.

"I mean, we were drugged, right?" asked Clary, trying to reassure herself.

"What did the markings look like on the blonde boy you were talking about?" asked Jocelyn, her face unreadable. Kiara was surprised at how calmly she took this all in.

"Who cares, Mom, okay? Are you even listening to me?" asked Clary, clearly unable to get a grip on herself.

"Clary calm down, I was there too-", Kiara began but Clary cut her off.

"How am I supposed to calm down, I think I killed a guy and Kiara might have done so too, only intentionally", she blurted. She wasn't wrong.

"Well for starters you remind yourself to breathe," Kiara huffed.

"Clary... Ki, did they look like this?" Jocelyn pulled a stele out of her jean pocket and traced it over her wrist. A mark, like the ones she saw on, Alec, Isabelle and Jace, bubbled onto the surface of her skin.