chapter 34: t-swift

Start from the beginning

"Yes! It requires physical exertion!" I yell.

"A sport is a head to head competition that utilizes a certain physical skill!" Tam counters.

"No, it doesn't have to be head to head! Is chess a sport?"

"No, it's not physical!"

"But it's head to head!"

"Doesn't make it a sport!"

"Exactly!"

We continue to bicker, the others interjecting at certain points in the argument. 

"Ballet is art, and not a sport!"

"Is karate a sport?" I ask.

"It depends. Karate can be a sport, but it's also a Martial Art."

"Just like ballet!" 

He's finally understanding!

"No!" Tam starts getting flustered. "Ugh!"

"If I don't stop this, things could get out of hand..." Linh thrusts the mic at Tam. "It's your turn!"

"I don't do karaoke," Tam scowls.

"You could freestyle," Biana suggests.

"Doubtful."

"You can be Tam the Rapper!" Fitz bursts out laughing.

"Fine." Tam stands up and grabs the mic. "I'm not going to freestyle, but I'll rap."

"You should do 'I'm the One'!" Biana sets up her computer.

"We the best music! Another one! DJ Khaled!" Tam belts. "Yeah, you're lookin' at the truth, the money never lie no...I'm the one, yeah, I'm the one..."

"I can't believe he's actually singing," Keefe scoots next to me. 

"He's in a band," I whisper back.

"True. You know, you haven't sung yet."

"Neither have you."

"We should do a duet."

"That would be fun."

"Let's do it."

"Okay."

"I am the one for you (I'm the one) yeah I'm the one..." Tam finishes his song, earning him a round of applause. 

"It's time," Keefe grabs my hand and we stand up together. "We'll sing to 'What Makes You Beautiful' by One Direction," he tells Biana, letting go of my hand, leaving it cold.

"I don't live under a rock, you don't need to tell me who it's by," Biana says sassily and turns on the beat.

"You're insecure, don't know what for. You're turning heads when you walk through the do-o-o-or," Keefe starts singing without me, acting out the lyrics. 

"Don't need makeup, to cover up, being the way that you are is eno-o-u-u-gh," my nerves ease as I sing.

"Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but yo-ou!"

"BABY YOU LIGHT UP MY WORLD LIKE NOBODY ELSE!" we grab each other's hands and start jumping up and down, signing without a care in the world, "THE WAY THAT YOU FLIP YOUR HAIR GETS ME OVERWHELMED! BUT WHEN YOU SMILE AT THE GROUND IT AIN'T HARD TO TELL! YOU DON'T KNO-O-OW, YOU DON'T KNOW YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL, OH OH!"

"That's what makes you beautiful," Keefe whispers as we separate. He stops singing, but I swear I hear him mutter under his breath, "and really annoying."

We continue singing the song, jumping around, having the time of our lives until the song comes to the last verse. We stop jumping around and face each other, singing softly.

"Baby you light up my world like nobody else, the way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed, but when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell..." 

"You don't know, oh oh, you don't know you're beautiful."

"If only you saw what I could see, you'll understand why I want you so desperately..."

"Right now I'm looking at you and I can't believe..."

"You don't know, oh oh, you don't know you're beautiful, oh oh..."

"You don't know you're beautiful, oh oh..."

"That's what makes you beautiful." Keefe tucks a strand of hair behind my ear and my heart flutters.

That's a new one.

"That was so romantic!" Biana coos in a sing song voice. I blush and start picking at an eyelash.

"The woman's got a point," Marella adds.

"She's right," the rest of the crew (yes, Tam included) agrees. 

"You know that song really enca-" Biana starts when Tam's phone rings. 

"One sec, I'll be right back," he gets up and leaves the room. Linh starts to follow him when Dex holds her back.

"Let him be," he tells her.

After a while, the door to the bonus room creaks back open, revealing a shocked Tam. 

"She-she-she dumped me... for L-liam."

Yeah!! Tam's single!! You know what's coming!!!

Hope you liked it!