The new girl

It was a windy fall day when Autumn walked on the Hogwarts campus... today is her first day and she was honestly quite nervous. She was use to being the quiet and reserved girl at her school back in America but, she decided she'd try to be more confident and bold at this school.

Autumn is a very pretty girl... she has long dark brown hair and sparkly emerald eyes. She never felt pretty but that'll change soon.

She walked into the building and it was ginormous and extraordinarily beautiful. The entry room was absolutely breathtaking.
She looked for a while feeling as if she were dreaming... there were people casting spells and paintings that could move. She'd never seen a place so marvelous in her whole life!

She looked down at her schedule and saw that at 8:30 sharp everyone should be in the great hall to get sorted into their houses. It was unusual for a new person to come in that was as old as she was but she always dreamed of going to hogwarts and her dream finally came true. She was only 16 but that was quite old for someone to just start going to hogwarts.

She walked into the great hall and it was incredible, there was huge long tables filling up with people, so she took a seat. "Students, please quiet down" a women said that was standing where everyone was facing. "The new students will get sorted into their houses" she says. "When I call your name, please come up here to get sorted" she says politely. "Autumn Brooks" she calls.

*Autumns POV*
I get up as my heart starts to race...
I don't know why I'm so nervous to find out what my house is. Everything feels like slowmotion as I make my way up there. I finally get up there as she motions me to sit in a chair with a friendly smile... I sit in the chair and nervously wait for her to put the hat on. She puts it on my head gently and I look around as I see all eyes on me, I'm panicking on the inside as I try to silence out the world like i always do when I have these almost anxiety attacks.

All of the sudden, I see everyone clapping and some people cheering on one side of the room with blue and bronze on their robes. "You're in ravenclaw" the women looks up at me and smiles. "I am?" I say questionably. "Yes, miss" she says.
I guess I didn't hear when I silenced everything out, I thought to myself.  She put a blue and bronze robe on me and congratulates me and says to go over there with the rest of the ravenclaw house. Before I walk over there... I ask her something, "Excuse me miss, what should I call you?"
"Call me Mrs McGonagall" she says and smiles. I walk down and am greeted by the ravenclaw house. "Everyone is now dismissed to go to their classes" Mrs McGonagall says.

A blonde girl comes up to me and introduces herself, "hello! I'm Luna Lovegood.  "Hello Luna, I'm Autumn Brooks." I say and smile. She smiles at me and says "Such a earthy name, I love it!" I giggle and say "I can tell that we're gonna be friends"
"Yay!" She cheers and I giggle. "I'll show you around today if you'd like" she says. "I'd love that" I say.
"So first everyone usually chats in the courtyard until 9:00 when our first class starts, and it looks like our first class is potions. You'll love that class!" she says as we walk into the courtyard and sit on a bench. "Wow, this place is very beautiful!" I exclaim.
"Yes, it is" she says.
She's a bit strange but I like her, I think to myself.

" So, are there any cute boys here?" I ask and giggle. " their are a few but they aren't really that kind, except for Harry... he's really kind. I'll introduce you to him at lunch" she says. "Ok, when is lunch?" I ask.
"We have potions, then another class, then we have lunch" she says.
"You'll be able to meet everyone from different houses at lunch, even though we're supposed to sit with our houses" she says and smiles. "Thank you Luna for making me feel at home" I say and smile genuinely. "Of course! That's what ravenclaws do!" She exclaims and smiles. We both laugh and chat a bit more. "I'm honestly surprised I got in ravenclaw. You're supposed to be smart to get in ravenclaw, right?" I jokingly say. "Well, you must be intelligent... you seem intelligent." She says. "Aww thank you" I say.

"Autumn..." She says.
"Yes Luna?" I say. "Someone can't keep their eyes off of you" Luna says. "Who? Is he cute? Where is he?" I quickly say.
She laughs and says, "He's right there, by that tree".  "Oh, he's in Slytherin?" I ask. "Yes, he is... his name is Draco Malfoy" Luna says. I catch him staring at me as we make eye contact and I smile... he looks away shyly. "He seems quite shy" I say and smile. "Oh, really? Draco is usually not shy at all" she says.
"Oh" I say. We suddenly get interrupted by other students saying it's time to go to potions. As we make our way to class, I can't help but wonder about this Draco Malfoy.

*chapter end*

Hii guys! I hope you liked this, sorry if there's grammar mistakes.