{Chapter 8}

Warning: Not sure if there is one yet, but, oh whale. I'll figure it out. Kinda filler but it has to happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Recap~

When Loki woke up he was warm, his eyes still closed, he snuggled closer to the warmth. His green eyes flying open when his head made contact with a large clothed chest. The sight he was met with confusing him. Why was he in bed with Steven? He then felt the strong arms wrapped around his waist, confusing him further.
...
Loki studied Steve's sleeping form, with the light coming through the window he looked radiant. His hair looking lighter than it did usually, almost a golden color. His facial features more relaxed than he had ever seen. Loki shook his head as if to shake the thought away, why was he having such thoughts?

He looked back at Steven's face only to be met with beautiful, bright blue orbs staring back at him. Loki was too shocked to move, only shaking out of it once Steve had shifted his position to sit up against the headboard, taking his warm arms with him. Loki followed his example and sat up against the headboard with him.

Loki suddenly remembering what had happened the night before, buried his face in his hands, trying to hide the embarrassment, as he was not used to showing his emotions around others.

Steve, looking concerned asked, "Are you okay, Loki?" Loki didn't look up or move really, which worried Steve further. He shifted over a little and put his arm around Loki, pulling him into his side in hope of comforting him. Loki shifted to bury his face in Steve's chest, trying to focus on the warmth that was resonating off of him, rather than the thoughts from last night that were trying to resurface.

Steve thought back to a song from his childhood that used to calm him down, he didn't remember all of the words, but he did remember the tune. He started to hum, he could feel Loki start to take in deep breaths, and his shoulders start to untense. 

Loki realized that his arms were around Steven's torso, and that the super-soldier didn't seem to mind. He looked up to see Steve's worry-filled gaze, he had stopped humming, his attention now solely on Loki. 

The both of them took advantage of this time to study each others faces, the color of their eyes and the contours of their face. Loki caught himself first and looked away.

Steve looked down slightly, he could feel the blush that was surely rising up his neck. He felt Loki snake his arms back from where they had rested around his waist, he then got up from the bed, confusing Steve for a moment, until he came back with the sketchbook that he had given him, a pencil in his other hand. 

Loki began writing something down and showed the page to him, 'Thank you' Steve read. "For what?" He asked. Loki brought the book back to his lap writing something else down, 'For comforting me and staying with me.' Steve looked up to Loki's face "You're welcome, Loki" he said with a small smile.

Steve wanted to ask about what caused the breakdown that Loki had the night before. Thinking better of it he asked, "How did you sleep?"

Loki could tell that Steve was wanting to ask a different question, but didn't press. He wrote down, 'I slept wonderfully, thank you.' Steve tried to hide the smile that was slowly forming on his face at the small sentence. Loki quickly wrote something else down, 'And you?' Steve didn't try to hide the smile that now rested on his face proudly, "I slept really well." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sorry that was kinda schist. I had this half written and was then hit with writers block. Don't know what to write next, buuuuuuuut I hope you enjoyed it! -Onecrazybish