Chapter 10: Our Time

//Last chapter (:

"How many are you going to have? Have you thought of baby names yet?" Oriel shrugged to herself as she held her cellphone up to her ear. She lounged in the warmth of her bath as Ash took a shower in the next room. "Maybe just one for now." She answered Cecilia on the line.

"Oh boy or girl?"

"Uh, preferably a girl, but whatever it is I'm sure Ash and I will be happy."

"Well, that's good. What about names?"

"We've been thinking up a few here and there, just randomly for both genders."

"Oh ok, well don't forget all that comes with a baby. Are you sure you're both ready?"

"Well, Ash has quit her job and I've told my ice skating instructor my plans.." Oriel nodded, biting her lip. She knew she could say she was ready all she wanted but is anyone really ready to have a child? "We've already been looking at baby clothes and toys and the new house is much bigger than my current one. So plenty of room if we ever want more."

"Oh yea! When's the big move?"

Oriel had thought it would be a good idea to move into a bigger house and to leave Moonview altogether, wanting a nice change and the couple settled on GlimmerGrove to be their new home city. The construction was already underway. "Not for a few more weeks. It'll be finished in no time though."

"I'm glad to see everything's coming together for you and I can't wait to see the new baby. When are you going to the Genetics doctor?"

"We're going to do the DNA splicing tomorrow and I'm starting my treatment for the in vitro and then in a few weeks, I'll be inseminated."

Cecilia squealed. "That's great! Let me know how it goes! I'll let you go for now. Have a good night!"

"You too." Oriel smiled softly to herself as she ended the call. In just a few months, they'd be having a third addition for her family. Nerves and excitement set her body on edge briefly. She already couldn't wait to show them off, she knew their baby would be gorgeous. She couldn't wait to tell her dad and friends. She really wished her mother was alive to see her child. Oriel's smile faltered a bit. The door opened slightly and Oriel looked over to a topless Ash in a pair of boyshorts. Oriel's previous thoughts vanished and she grinned. "You ok? I thought I felt.." Oriel shook her head, remembering her own blood was probably still in Ash's system. "I'm fine, just thinking over a few things."

"A few things like?" Ash walked over to brush her teeth at the sink and Oriel shrugged, soaping up her loofa and began washing herself up. "Just wish my mom was here that's all. Never thought she wouldn't ever not be here.. ya know? Vampires don't die.."

"I know babe." Ash finished up at the sink and walked over to peck Oriel's crown. "She's probably watching over you. I'm sure she's proud and she'll be happy when our baby comes into the world."

Oriel blushed lightly and smiled. "Thank you." She leaned in to kiss her lips and moved to unplug the bathtub. "You're always welcome."

Oriel grinned, watching Ash walk away and she grabbed her towel as she got out of the tub, wrapping it around herself tight and followed Ash into their room.

~*~

Oriel held Ash's hand tight as they waited in the lobby of the Genetics Center in NightValley. They were next up and Oriel's heart was pounding in excitement and anxiety. They would decide what traits they'd want their child to have. Oriel knew she wanted a nice mix of herself and Ash. She wondered how it would work out with the sperm they were receiving. She knew they would take parts of their DNA, mostly Ash's since Oriel's egg would still be hers. She pushed those thoughts away, happy that they were doing it at all. She couldn't wait to see how their baby would turn out. "Ashton and Oriel Sollers?" A nurse called, walking out into the room. "That's us." Oriel smiled softly and got up, walking over to the nurse. She bowed briefly and gestured down the hallway. They made their way to the room they'd be in for the visit and Oriel hopped up onto the examination table. "Alright, I'm pulling up both of your files now, if you'll just answer a few questions for me and next the doctor will come in to start picking the traits you'd like for the gene splicing." The nurse began asking about their medical history and after making a few clicks and updates on her computer she was done. "The doctor will be in soon. Good luck, you too." She smiled before leaving the room. A few moments later the doctor walked in. "Hello there. Your highness." The doctor bowed slightly as she entered the room. "I do hope you've both been well. I'm Dr. Adler, now we've gathered samples of Ash's DNA and the sperm you've requested has just came in. It's from a vampire."

Oriel nodded. "So, how's it going to work."

"We'll replace the sperm's DNA with Ash's in most parts, leaving the essential proteins for fertilization and then next week, we'll be ready for insemination." She went on smiling at Oriel.

"Alright, anything specific you'd like the child to have?"

Ash and Oriel locked eyes for a few moments. "A good mix would be nice. Randomize it?" Oriel asked. The doctor chuckled. "Anything you'd like us to take out?"

"Um, any possible defect, if you could. I think there's a history of high blood pressure or something of the sort in my family, if you could take that out please."

The doctor nodded. As the visit went on, the doctor went over the proper protocol and that they wouldn't be creating the 'perfect baby' for them but that they'd do their best to make sure nothing went wrong. "Alright, it looks like we're all done now. I will save this and we'll get to the gene splicing tomorrow. Any other questions or concerns?"

Oriel looked to Ash and they book shook their heads. "Alright, well it's very nice to meet you both. I can't wait to see your child. See you in a few weeks, your Highness."

As the month went on, Oriel couldn't think of much else as they ordered furniture for their new home, she was slightly nervous for her procedure. She underwent the necessary treatment for the invitro and then her egg was retrieved and 3 days later she went back to have the embryo transferred to her uterus.

Oriel was encouraged not to do much for the next week and she made sure to take care of herself. Drinking blood or eating at least three times a day and when they moved, she called reinforcements as she was unable to help out. After the week was up, she took a pregnancy test as instructed.

Oriel stared at the pregnancy test hard, as if she could will it to change faster that the allotted time. Ash chuckled next to her, moving her hand to help her put the test down on the sink. "It'll show in no time, babe." Oriel sighed, looking over to Ash and snuggled into her side. "I know just it's a bit nerve-wrecking waiting."

"Wanna finish setting up the baby's room while you wait?" Ash suggested just as the pregnancy test beeped and Oriel rushed over to pick it up. Her eyes widened and she gasped softly as she hopped into Ash's arms. Finally, they were starting a family.

The end. <3