Chapter 2: What Hell She Brings

//Vote. Comment. Thanks!!

"Very pleased to meet you, Your Highness, I'm Scarlett Voss." Oriel watched as a young woman just a few years younger than Ash bowed down slightly. She had long curly red hair and light freckles on her face and wore red lipstick on her full lips and her deep red eyes were done up in a smokey eyeshadow style. Her fangs peeked out every now and then when she spoke. Her figure was slim and slender, a nice hourglass shape and she reminded Oriel of a mean girl. She was gorgeous but the type that could make other women jealous. At least they got her a vampire this time. Oriel didn't know if that was a good or bad idea at this point. Scarlett straightened back up and Oriel noticed she was almost as tall as Ash. She gave a sly grin that turned into a smirk and Oriel rose a brow. "Now, we know she's not Ash but she's just as good." Oriel's mother spoke up and Oriel shrugged, looking over Scarlett's clothes. She dressed nicely as Ash would, in a black pantsuit with a pair of heels. "I'll be the judge of that." Oriel narrowed her eyes at the other woman. "I assure you, your majesty I will do my very best to keep you safe." She nodded slightly and Oriel turned to her parents. "Alright, well, off you go. Your plane is waiting." Her mother shooed her away and Oriel hugged her parents' goodbye and for some reason this all felt very familiar. She sighed, turning to get into her limo to be chauffeured to her jet. Oriel's skating competition had gone well and she got second place but she wished Ash could have been there with her. "So, my lady, how is your wife doing?" Oriel looked over to Scarlett as they limo finally pulled up to the airport. She got out as her door was opened and hurried onto the plane, luggage in tow and she handed it to a flight attendant to put away for her. "My wife is fine, why?" Oriel asked, taking her seat and Scarlett sat right next to her. "Just making conversation is all. It's amazing what she's done for you. How safe she's kept you in all the years you two were together. It's absolutely admirable."

"Yes, quite the example to live up to, huh?" Oriel smirked slightly, winking. "Indeed, your grace."

The plane finally took flight and it didn't take long until they were landing Xinwei, it was a nice city in China that Oriel's parents had visited and often stayed in on their visits to the country. They had some of the best hotels too. Oriel smiled as she walked into her hotel for the two-day stay, it wasn't supposed to be too long as it was dangerous for Oriel to be there, hence the extra protection detail. Oriel hurried over to the elevator, nerves creeping up into her body and she hugged herself. She gave speeches a lot but didn't ever give one to an army before. She didn't even know what to say. She wondered how they would take it and she closed her eyes, begging the goddess to give her strength. She wanted it to be good, good enough to encourage them to fight harder. They needed to win. "Doing ok, your highness?" Scarlett whispered, she stood right next to Oriel, holding her own bag and Oriel's luggage in her hands. "I'm fine, just a tad nervous." Oriel shrugged as the doors opened and she walked out into the hallway, Scarlett behind. "Aw, don't be nervous, hun. I've seen those other speeches.. I know you'll do great as always." Scarlett looked down at her tenderly and Oriel swallowed, hearing the odd softness to her voice. It sounded sultry yet loving and kind, now. "Uh, thanks." Oriel didn't look up at her, feeling her eyes on her and she walked down the hall, looking for her suite number. Finally finding it, she slid the keycard into its slot and opened the door. It was lavish and beautiful inside, with an open kitchen, small living area, dining area, and two rooms. Oriel thought back to when her and Ash had spent their first night together. Not together together.. but that very first night she watched her. She was glad there were two rooms. She didn't want Scarlett thinking she'd like her too. Oriel rolled her eyes at the thought. She walked over to pick a bedroom and walked inside. "Here you are, your highness." Scarlett set her luggage down against the wall and Oriel thanked her before walking over to sit on her bed, taking her phone out. A text from Ash was waiting on her. Instead of texting she decided to dial the number wanting to hear her voice. She expected Scarlett to leave the room to give her more privacy but no, she watched her, leaning against the wall, hands clasped together. Oriel looked away, moving to stand as finally Ash picked up. "Hey, babe. H-How is everything?"