let's talk luke castellan

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎'𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐃𝐎𝐍𝐓'𝐒.

❛ let's talk luke castellan ❜

AH, OUR favourite problimatic spicy bad boy with daddy issues. luke castellan. where to start with his mess of a personality. where to start. if it isn't obviously clear, i have a... strong distaste for luke ( yeah no shit ro ). it's the fact he asked a minor if she romantically loved him for me. that and the fact he was manipulating or grooming ( if it's ok to go that far and accuse that ?? ) silena. yeah, he's a mess. and to be honest, i'd rather just,,, not read a fanfic on him. in my opinion, his whole 'redemption arc' was,,, uh, no. i love rick, and the whole redemption arc was well written and planned but it wasn't my cup of tea. not only that,,, but just in general. ( also tf lukabeth go back to your corner of hell. tf with your large age gap and shipping a minor with a legal adult. gtfo ).

if any of yall are serious ( like i mean #woulddieforhim ) luke stans. you might not want to read this. i might be giving you do's and don'ts, but i don't have any experience writing, or reading a luke fic nor do i actually like him as a character. so,,, be warned. i will be insulting him. now without further ado ( is that the phrase lol ) let's get onto ( not actually. luke simps chile pls ) our favourite problimatics spicy bad boy's do's and don'ts.

THE DO'S...

canon death's ! i get the whole 'wanting luke to be a hero' thing ( i don't lol. he's a fucking villain pls chile sis ) but like there is a fucking prophecy for a reason. i mean what else can " a single choice shall end his days " mean ? i get the whole wanting your oc to be happy with their love interest but,,, sweetie it's a prophecy. please make sure luke actually dies !

keep to canon ! as i have previously said, i have never read ( and don't plan to. sorry. i hate luke with a passion ) a luke fic. but in my opinion ( let's note the word opinion here ), i would keep to canon ! that means luke leaving camp in the lightning thief, him being a total asshole for the whole of the books and mayhaps asking annabeth if she loved him ( which i gotta say, would add some serious tea to the oc's view on him. we love it when your crush has a crush on a minor who's around five years younger than you ).

age difference ! let's remember annabeth is 16 in the lost hero and our spicy bad boy luke is 23 or some shit like that. so, a minor. and for this story to be,,, uh, been legal, the main character has to be above eighteen since i believe ( shut up i'm not fact checking this ) that luke was like 19 in the lightning thief. so like, yeah. let's realise how fucked up it would be if you make your character the same age as percy and annabeth for 'bonding' like bitch please i'm getting teacher x student relationship vibes from that. burn that shit in hell.

prequel ! personally, to me. it makes sense to make it a prequel to the lightning thief. you could virtually do anything with it and hint at luke becoming evil and stuff. you can play around with him deciding whether or not to start listening to kronos and you can push and pull with the whole love interest trying to stop him. hell, you could give him another reason he joined kronos. like say your oc died at the end and that's why he joins kronos because kronos promises to bring said oc back to life. ( and you're welcome that was a good idea ).

elysium ! personally also see this as a good idea. make it after he's died ! with,, a legal !! aged !! character !! but i think this is better than like bullshitting a redemption arc.

THE DON'TS...

for the love of fucking god please ! make ! them ! legal ! please. i do not want some bullshit of a relationship with her being a minor. it's uncomfy for us all and i really fucking hate it. i'm sorry but i hate when people try make minor x adult relationship's right. i get if he's 18 and they're like 17 soon to be like 18in a week ( and the romance starts after they're 18 ) but apart from that? BURN THAT SHIT

redemption arc ! don't try give luke a redemption arc like " ahah sea of monsters but luke suddenly realises he's not about this life because he's been praying to jesus and suddenly we figure out bullshit loophole for him so we can make it good. " please kill me. i do not want ANY of yall writing like that. else we need a lil chat about redemption arcs and luke's character arc in general.

please just,,, don't. don't fuck it up. don't try change the prophecy ! 'nuff said.

UP NEXT ( aka, you choose ! )...

BACKSTORIES AND HOW
TO WRITE THEM WELL !
OR !
❛ give me some fucking good
backstory or consider yourself
disowned. ❜

SWEARING AND SHIT
LIKE THAT OK !
OR !
❛ some of yall out here
really trying to believe that
teens don't swear. like
bitch let me introduce
you to yourself. and that
shit about thirteen-year-old
nico not swearing ? pls bitch. ❜

PARENTAGE AND SHIT !
OR !
❛ if i get one more bland
ass parentage like ' oh i'm
a poseidon kid ' like bitch
CHILE. ❜

AESTHETCS AND HOW TO
TRICK PEOPLE INTO THINKING
YOU CAN ACTUALLY MAKE THEM !
OR !
❛ bitches trick you into thinking
they can do that shit and then
you find out they can't. it's
me, i'm bitches. bitches is me. ❜

CHARACTER DEATH AND
HOW TO MAKE PEOPLE SOB !
OR !
❛ this is coming from the person
who's made a self-proclaimed
'death wheel' and made a
questionnaire to ask if somebody
cried reading a death scene.
trust me, i know my shit. ❜

NAMES AND STUFF !
OR !
❛ i do not want some
bullshit bland ass
name please and thanks.
aqua or crystal can
rot in hell for all i
care. ❜

rosie speaks!

teehee.

love y'all.