Your Mistake (Jungkook)

Start from the beginning

"Y/N...."

Jungkook had never seen you so angry before, so he'd just sat there, not knowing what to do. "I-I....."

"Just leave!"

Your voice had loudly rung out again, making him flinch, but you'd been in no position to notice it.

Instead, you'd just turned back to your computer to try to get the ticket back, despite knowing how useless it would be then.

Jungkook had just stared at your angry back for a while, before slowly backing out from the bed. His eyebrows had furrowed in concern. He'd then turned to move into the bathroom. He'd been feeling so hurt by your words that he hadn't been able to pay attention to anything else, not even the floor he was to walk on, and he'd unknowingly drawn closer and closer to exactly what you hadn't want him to go near. Somehow, your subconscious had made you turn around at the exact moment he'd been a step away from the dreaded piece of glass, and just as you'd reached your hands out to stop him, mouth opening to call out to him, his right foot stepped on the camouflaged piece.

Then it all had happened like slow motion. He'd immediately cried out in pain, stumbling forward to grab the side of the washbasin for support, as you'd simultaneously screamed his name and tumbled out of bed to get to him.

The next thing you'd known, your boyfriend was on his back on the floor, with about ten people, including two nurses and a doctor, around him.

You'd been emotionless for the first few minutes, but as the other members had filed into your room to get a look at their injured Maknae, and you'd watched how the doctor had started pulling the piece of glass out of his foot with blood dripping all over the floor, you'd felt a tugging pain in your chest and then suddenly broke down, causing your friend and the ever affectionate Jimin to rush forward to hold you as you'd sobbed into their arms.

More concerned about your unstable state than the foreign object painfully lodged in his foot, Jungkook hadn't been able to take his eyes off you, occasionally calling out for you to look at him.

"Y/N...."

"Yah, look at me...."

"Baby..."

He'd tried everything but you hadn't been able to look his way at all, guilt and embarrassment taking over your entire body. Of course, no one had blamed you, not your friend, not Jungkook, no one....except yourself. It was only when Jungkook's wound had been cleaned and dressed and the question had risen whether to allow him to go on stage or not, that you'd finally looked up. Gently pushing Jimin's hands away, you'd stood up, wiped the tears on your cheeks and then bowed down low.

"I'm so sorry. I'd been very selfish by not letting Jungkook know of the broken glass in my anger. I'm ready to face any punishment for the crime I've committed."

According to you, it had been one thing to let a person to get hurt, but another thing to let an idol get hurt, especially when that idol was to go on stage in just a few hours.

But to your astonishment, everyone in the room had burst into laughter.

"Y/N, don't say all that."

You'd heard Director Bang Si-hyuk's voice and then looked up in confusion.

"It's good enough that you've agreed that it was your mistake for not warning Jungkook, but you don't have to face any punishment for it as long as Jungkook says it's okay."

All heads had then turned to Jungkook, including yours, as you'd watched his expression go from blank to smiley.

"Of course, it's okay. I don't blame Y/N at all."