Chapter 6

Now all of you may wonder about how I became friends with Death. Like many of you reading, I was once a fan of the Seven Deadly Sins. One night, Mother Dearest robbed me of my home and family.

After taking me to her realm, she turned me into her daughter Elizabeth as a baby. She raised me as though I had never been Corinne. I was forced to bend to her will as a goddess. When I finally rebelled with Meliodas, my life was taken, and I was cursed.

When my life ended, Death was there to collect my soul and take me to a final resting place. However, before he could, I was in my next body with myself locked away, experiencing every emotion without control over my identity. I was left like a puppet with cut strings.

To wander through these years. Only when Death came could I be me for a short while. Death chased me for almost 1500 years before he finally questioned me. He then learned how I was from your world and what had become of Meliodas and me. He shared my story with the Others. The beings transcended all worlds and had duties and abilities that made balance among them necessary.

Mother Dearest decided to break that balance. She originally had the potential to become an Other, but she failed the Trials. She would never achieve their power or standing. She fought the Demon King in her quest for more power. While the Demon King had his sons, she stole people from other worlds for power. She molded these people to her will against the intentions of the Others. I am her latest project. For over 3000 years, she made me bend to her will. But, now I remember, and I will be her fate.

When I first came to this world, I was only Corinne, no more, no less. But as a goddess, I was also Fate itself.

Shall we see what happens when you mess with Fate?

______________________________

My head is killing me. I open my eyes only to close them at the bright lights. I blink fast to adjust my eyes to the light coming from the windows. I try to get up from the bed only to find that I can't move. I see blonde hair covering my arm. Meliodas was cuddling me with his arms around my waist.

When did he get here? Oh, that idiot must have snuck in while I was asleep. I thought Hawk tied him up. His nose scrunches in his sleep and pulls me closer to his chest. "Corinne, don't go." Okay, either he's still asleep, or he wants to cuddle. This idiot, I really can't stay mad at him for long. Wait, he called me Corinne.

Does he know? That I have my memories? Either way, I'm still in trouble. My mouth starts to form into a pout. Unless I'm mistaken, that means I'll wear those clothes. Meliodas poked my cheek. "Whatcha thinkin' about?" Eep! I forgot he was still here. "You called me Corinne. Why?"

"You introduced yourself as Corinne. Why not?" He said with an odd gleam in his eyes. "

"Haah... Anytime I introduce myself as Corinne, someone in Liones realizes I'm Princess Elizabeth. Then I am never called Corinne again. I am always referred to as Elizabeth, even by my family. It's like a curse."

It's strange how I keep getting the name Corinne in every life I've had, even when I went by Elizabeth or didn't have my memories.

Meliodas had seemed to freeze for a second. I use this as a chance to escape his arms for a bit.

"Come on, let's get some breakfast. We have some stuff to discuss after. "

I reach the doorway and place my hand on the frame. I looked over the corner of my shoulder.

"By the way, Leo, I remember." Meliodas stiffened. His face was set with no emotion.

"What do you remember?"

"I remember everything, Leo. Every lifetime, I remember almost every single detail." Meliodas was trembling and muttering. I walk toward him and sit next to him on the bed. I face him as I say.

"I'm not going to die anytime soon, Meliodas. I can promise you that. I got my memories at the start of this life. Leo, we are going to stop the curses together. Never again." I bring him close to my chest so he can hear my heart. To let him know I'm actually in front of him. That I remember him and us together. I kiss his head.

"Now, breakfast. We don't want Hawke to try to make a mess in the kitchen for scraps after all."

Meliodas' green eyes shine brightly. I head down the stairs to the kitchen.

That man has been alone for almost 3000 years without me... without Corinne by his side... This man made sure to protect me and never failed to make me fall in love every time I met him. When I first met him, I tried almost everything to not fall in love with him and die.

Meeting him in person was different. He seemed more real to me.

This man had a weird sense of humor. He liked to play his jokes in such a funny way that always had me laughing...

A man who would listen to you when you wanted to talk about something.

This was a man who would die to protect those he loved, who cared more than anyone would think.

This is the man I refuse to leave again...

The man I love...