Meeting the phoenix, helping Rias.

After getting his familiar, Toad is planning on moving towards his next step in his training even though the training itself is almost finished but this doesn't bother Toad in the least. He met Riser Phenex, the heir of the Phoenix family and Igneel was right about him not being arrogant. The two became good friends though he did bare bad news.

Riser: even though you've completed your training, I've come baring some bad news Toad. Rias was taken and being forced to get married to none other than Natsu Dragneel.
Toad: *shocked, eyes widened* did you just say "Natsu Dragneel"?
Riser: I understand your shocked expression Toad I really do. But if we don't hurry, she will be in a loveless marriage and I know how much you hate that.
Toad: I'll do whatever I can to help Rias.
Riser: I know you will. Issei is doing everything he can to prevent and stall to marriage as long as possible. Rias loves you and it's up to you to save her. No pressure though but I know you can pull it off.

Timeskip at the engagement party.

Natsu: ladies and gentlemen! I welcome you to the marriage between myself and the lovely Rias Gremory!
????: is it too late to say "I object"?
Natsu: I know that voice. I knew you'd come weakling.
Toad: heh. I'm much stronger than I was before. And how dare you marry my girl! She doesn't love you, she loves me!
Rias: Toad my darling.
Natsu: fine then. We'll settle this man to man.
Toad: I was hoping you'd say that. Ready Igneel?
Igneel: yes. He will regret messing with you. Prepare yourself Natsu Dragneel! You will pay for betraying my partner!
Toad: and besides, Rias and I are engaged.
Natsu: what?
Rias: *giggles* yes it's true. It was my father's idea. Since he likes Toad so much, he thinks it would be wise to have to two of us engaged. And I'm happy.
Issei: me too. Toad has finally got over his ex girlfriend.
Erza: is this true Toad? Have you really moved on?
Toad: yeah I have. Which is why I had my familiar record your master's discussion with the devil counsel.
Devil counsel leader: *recording* so do we have an agreement?
Natsu: *recording* yeah. I marry Rias and you will hire assassins to kill not only the devil king Lucifer but also his dad.

Every devil in the party was shocked at this development. Just then Riser shows up with some high devil knights.

Riser: the jig is up Dragneel. Your conspiracy has been exposed.
Sirzechs: Natsu Dragneel, you are hereby stripped of your ranking and your peerage stray devils.
Natsu: *growls* you haven't heard the last of me Skywalker. I will return.

And with that Natsu was dragged to a maximum security prison.