23。𝓣. 𝓖𝓲𝔂𝓾𝓾

Requested by MakiroAlester

Request: Ok so uh-
can i request a Giyuu x Reader uh...maybe Cafe AU? Also can it be inspired by the song "Your Text" by Sundial-

~

    "Welcome," the stoic man greeting every customer looked straight at the person strolling in. It was early in the morning, too early for you actually. Not many people were out in town and you wished you weren't one of them either.

    The cafe you always went to wasn't open at this time. It usually only began operation when it was close to noon, well, now it's 7am in the morning. There was no other choice but to go to another cafe. I mean, trying the coffee from some other place wouldn't hurt, right?

    "What would you like?" Judging from the tone of the waiter, he was probably just as groggy as you were. Who in their right mind would choose to wake up at such an early time? Looking up to place your order, deep blue eyes met yours and almost instantly, it consumed you. It was beautiful and calming, nothing like you've ever seen before. The closest thing you could compare it to was like looking at the ocean that stretches as far as it possibly could until it went out of your sight. In the distance, a heavy storm may be coming but it didn't matter. You were fascinated, standing rooted to the ground, staring at the ocean. That was how you felt looking into this man's eyes. How is it possible for someone's eyes to be so captivating?

    "Ma'am? Is everything okay?"

    "Totally... I would like a cup of iced latte," Just as you were reaching for your wallet, you heard him scoff, or at least it resembled a scoff.

    "What's so funny?" You questioned, almost demanding for an explanation to his action.

    "For a lady such as yourself, I thought you would be a tea person... like earl grey or so," He replied in the driest way ever. Was he making fun of you? What exactly is he trying to accomplish from this? Despite the questions going through your head, you were slightly amused.

    "Sorry for disappointing you, um, Giyuu?" This time, an actual chuckle was heard from him as he acknowledged you. He sounded cute and he was certainly attractive. His serious look contrasted the comment that he made and that was a pleasant surprise.

    The moment you turned around to walk to a table, Giyuu found his eyes unable to leave you. His gaze lingered on. What was he even looking at? The back of your head? The attire you had on? The way you walked? He couldn't point out a specific thing about you that drew him in. Maybe it was the curiousity he had, how the air around you screamed confidence yet it wasn't the kind of arrogance he's seen from many others.

    He thought he was going out of his mind. The feeling he got from you, was this what everyone known as infatuation? He never thought there would come a day where he would be even mildly attracted to someone. In his 21 years of living, he finally felt this oh so magical feeling that everyone his age raved about.

    He was beyond nervous, butterflies in his stomach that made him question himself. He wanted to act on this moment on impulse, to ask for your number. He longed to be alive, to be like every young adult. They were full of spirits, enthusiasm and recklessness to go after what they wanted. That was something he never had yet when he saw you, it filled him with so much hope. As long as he can muster up his courage and take this first step, he might finally have the chance to experience this scary yet exciting feeling known as love.

    One step, two steps, three steps. With your coffee in one hand, he plodded towards you. He trembled and the coffee threatened to spill out. He was really going to do this. Every single step he took, he became even more giddy and doubt was lingering in the back of his head. Well, there was no going back now. He was right in front of you and right after he placed the cup down, he blurted out exactly what he was thinking.

    "May I... have your number?"

    "Excuse me?" Did you hear wrongly? Surely you did... there was no reason for him to want your number. You didn't even know each other.

    "Uh... number... you..." Giyuu was getting worried, should he not have said it? Your eyes trailed to his hands, gesturing to his phone as nervousness got the best of him. A giggle escaped your lips as you reached out for his phone. You don't know what had gotten into you. You never gave put your number that easily, especially to a stranger that you have never even had a proper conversation with. It doesn't hurt to make an exception, right? What may happen next is definitely something that both of you look forward to.

    "I'll be waiting to your text~" 

Word count: 822

♡ 19.09.20 ♡