3. "May I ask to w-whom a-am I married to?"

Start from the beginning

"You are looking at the Co-founder of C&W."

"That is so cool"

We sat there in the cafe and talked for hours. He told me about everything that has happened since I left and I told him all about my life. We laughed at our awful childhood memories. We used to be neighbors and he was the first guy I became friends with at school. My phone rang breaking our conversation.

"Dad?" I answered

"Where are you?" He asked agitated, his voice cold and distant

"I am at the Hemingway's café"

"I'll send a car for you. Meet me at my office"

"But-" He hung up on me.

"Everything okay?" Todd asked

"Yeah, my dad wants me at his office like now"

"Oh, I could drop-" he got cut off by a deep voice.

"Miss Clarke?" A man dressed in a black suit asked

"Yes"

"Your father has sent me to fetch you, follow me please," he said professionally.

I followed him to the black limo parked outside. When did dad buy that? He opened the door for me and I slid in. The whole car ride was boring I kept texting my friends back in New York. I missed them.

The car came to a halt and the door opened, I stepped out and then I noticed the inscription on the car's number plate as it drove away.

HARDING

I sucked in a sharp breath.

The earth shifted below my feet, fear build up in my stomach

"Miss Clarke, please follow me" a woman neatly dressed in a pencil skirt and white shirt approached me.

I followed her mindlessly, the name 'Harding' kept playing in my mind over and over again. We stopped outside a large wooden door.

"Your father is waiting for you inside," she said and left me there. I entered and saw my father sitting in his seat working on his laptop.

"Dad"

"You are here. Why don't you sit down" I sat opposite to him and raised my brows in question?

"Look it's going to be a lot to digest but you are a big girl you can handle it," he said plainly

"Now, I am scared" I laughed a little.

"I made you sign some papers this morning"

"Mhm..." My palms were sweaty.

"That was your marriage contract," he said so casually like he didn't just give me a heart attack.

"Excuse me?" I shouted

"Don't raise your voice at me, little girl. I am your father" he roared

"What do you mean?" I leveled my voice.

"That was your official marriage contract that you've signed willingly and I filmed you signing it"

"What are you saying, Dad? I d-don't g-get it" I stuttered

"According to the law, you are now a married woman. All we have to do now is prepare a ceremony for the public"

"Is this some k-kind of a joke, Dad? Please t-tell m-me it's a j-joke" my eyes teared up

"When was I ever the one to joke around, Hannah?" He said seriously

"You can't do this to me!"